Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
Looking for best loads, comments on accuracy with Nosler's bonded 64 gr SP. I tested some loads on the low end and not seeing anything noteworthy yet. Anyone getting decent accuracy (sub 1.5 MOA) with these? Especially toward upper .223 or 5.56 pressures?

Mostly interested in Varget, H335, and CFE223; or maybe BL-C2, IMR4166, or H4895.

I have some excellent loads worked up for 62 and 70 gr TSX, but I can get these 64 BSB a lot cheaper.

I am ready to work up some more test loads but would like to narrow down to a decent charge range in a couple if powders with high probability of decent accuracy.

Thanks!
It's been a few years since I played with 64gr BSB's since it's been easy to get 62gr GDSP's at a great price, but the BSB's are a great bullet nonetheless and most of mine are loaded in virgin Lake City brass with sealant on both ends, so I don't expect them to go bad any time soon; however, I was never able to attain better than 2 MOA with any powder I tried. 23.1gr of 8208XBR yielded around 2750fps but wasn't anywhere near max charge (contrary to Hodgdon's load data). I worked up to Nosler's self-reported most accurate load of 26.0gr of CFE223 and it shot reliably, but it wasn't anywhere near 5.56NATO velocity.

Since switching over to the Speer 62gr pills I've got it dialed in to 25.8gr of Ramshot Tac over a CCI #41 primer for 2930-ish FPS. It's a nice stout load that exceeds available factory .223 GDSP ammo. Tac is my all-time go to powder for dang near everything. Only the 77 SMK's get special treatment with 8208 XBR at this point.