Thread: Best way to or how to sell a unused suppresor

Feedback Score

Best way to or how to sell a unused suppresor

I have a Un used Gemtech Quicksand that has been sitting in my room for like 2 years. Just blew the dust off again lol.

I am being told these 2 things

***If it�s on a trust what I would do is simply amend the trust to remove you and any other responsible persons and put me on it. That way the ownership stays in the trust and there is no need for a stamp. You�d ship me the can, original copy of the stamp, and your trust. My understanding is that this is legal as long as you didn�t originally buy the can with the intent to resell it.

*** If you ever want to sell down the road, just amend the trust so the buyer is a trustee....of course, consult an attorney, etc.

I have 3 other cans on the trust so I did not know how thats going to work. I still have the pdf of the trust the lawyer gave me so i guess i could print it out again and get a pdf editor to change the trust name to something else get it notarized and add the 3 cans to the new trust?

Just not sure how it all works and what i need to do. I thought selling the Quicksand for $750 was fair but If the other buyer does not have to pay any stamp fees i could come down in my price.

need your help on what to do. Im in Texas by the way

Feedback Score
    You are selling it out of your trust. You do not need to remove anyone or do anything with your trust. You would simply do a form 4 to the buyer or the buyers Trust.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    If you create a new trust, and add the three remaining cans to that new trust, you would have to file three form fours and three responsible person questionnaires

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    3 F4's @$200 each? I am guessing

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trying to get around a $200 tax stamp is not worth going to prison over, there is no free lunch. Buyer isnt going to be able to magically get the suppressor without a tax stamp process being done for it.

Save yourself the hassle and go see a real NFA trust attorney, not the keyboard commando type like me. The NFA game is neither cheap or forgiving of mistakes.

Feedback Score
    Unless its someone you want in your trust indefinitely, in which case they would simply possess it indefinitely, i would tranfer via form 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Unless its someone you want in your trust indefinitely, in which case they would simply possess it indefinitely, i would tranfer via form 4.
    I think what you're trying to do is not the right way to accomplish the goal.

You also have the problem with the remaining suppressors that are in the trust. The proper way to do this is to do a form for from your trust to the buyers entity or the buyer himself and then transfer the suppressor out of your trust.

You can check out my website. Www.TexasGunTrust.com

www.AtomicLabRat.com