Good evening!

Last week I tried the Cor-Bon 115 grain DPX in organic gel. I fired 2 rounds through FBI spec heavy clothing and two rounds through laminated auto glass followed with a light clothing barrier.

Distances from the muzzle was 10 feet for gel and clothing and 10 feet from the windshield for the glass test. The block was placed 18 in behind the glass. Firearm used was a Ruger Officer's Model with a 3.6 in barrel.

First up, Chrono data:
Average: 1081.60
StdDev: 11.59
Min: 1064
Max: 1094
Spread: 30
True MV: 1082.83

Only three bullets were caught. The first round through auto glass exited out the top of the block.

Note the slice visible in the top of the block that ends at close to 12 inches. This is the track from the first bullet through glass. A search of the immediate area to locate the bullet was unsuccessful.

The two bullets through clothing poked to just over a foot. The captured bullet through glass can be seen there at about 11.5 inches.

Here are the bullets fired through clothing. Note the auto glass bullet there at probably 11.5 inches.

Recovered weights.

Auto glass first.

Heavy clothing.

Recovered diameters.

An overall of the three bullets.

As is probably expected given the recorded muzzle velocity, this is a mild load and was quite soft when fired from the little Ruger.

I was curious about this load's potential from a longer barrel so today I tried the Cor-Bon in my SIG P320 X5. This pistol has a 5" barrel so I was curious to see what the longer tube did for overall performance.

Muzzle velocity is better--1150fps or so--from the full-size barrel but still quite a bit under the advertised 1250fps.

Penetration is better, too. Two bullets fired through heavy clothing gave 13.75 and 14.5" in gel.

Overall, probably not a bad load. It is billed as "+P" likely due to the chamber pressure rather than the velocity. As a result, the load is comfortable to shoot and would probably make a decent carry load.

What a quick way to blow about $25! But I enjoy it.

Bullets pulled from gel show 100% weight retention as was expected.