Thread: Upper receiver markings

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Upper receiver markings

So, I just bought a few uppers, one is a billet affair and the other is a forged mil-spec deal. The forging is a Brass Aluminum forging with the square forge Mark. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Noveske used BA forgings. Since we all know that the forging company has nothing to do with the machining and hence the final product or quality or lack thereof, although this looks like a very nicely machined upper, I'd like to know who did the final machining.
    Obviously I already know who forged it but Im wondering if Noveske did their own machining because on the bottom of the pivot pin lug there is a "N" machined there. Noveske?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    there are a lot of companies doing final machining. A lot !! Really, two things matter: #1 is the fit and finish to your liking, and #2, do you need or want a name brand on the upper. The second issue is purely cosmetic, but many clone builders like to have an FN or Colt upper as that what is used in the US Armed Forces DOD contracts, etc., or if you are building a Noveske or LaRue or whatever branded RECCE, SPR, etc. Otherwise, if the first fits your need, go shoot it and enjoy.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Long shot, thanks for the explanation. It's a beautifully executed upper and I don't give a damn what's on it as far as names go. Like you I'm after fit and finish and function and this one I know so far has two in spades.
    The N. I referred to isn't where anyone could see it anyway so if I were trying to show off it would do me no good. I bought these uppers and lowers because this company was making very high end ARs back in the early 2000s until about 5 years ago, somehow got into some difficulties, went under and are having to sell off their inventory of very nice components at unbelievable prices. I tried to pass on the info and was reprimanded for it so now Im just happily buying some very, very nice parts and stockpiling them for the inevitable rainy days ahead.
    If you have any interest I'll post pics and you can pm me and I'll pass along the info and price list of what's available.