Thread: Free Float Question I Haven't Seen Posted Yet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    Non-proprietary tools is definitely a plus, same with longer barrel nuts. If you don't mind my asking, how does the Hodge/Mega anti-rotation system work? I see on Mega's site it is a pin, is this in the absence of tabs on the top near the rail?
    Yes, the pin from the handguard going into the upper is the main anti-rotation device on the MEGA/Hodge handguards, so you would need to use an upper that is compatable with them (Hodge, Mega and there are others forged and billet ones out there). They also incorporate two small set screws that go through the handguard and bear against the barrel nut, one on each side that would help a little. I like to torque barrel my barrel nuts to 45-50 ft lbs. Also, the barrel nut to handguard fit on the Geissele and Mega handguards is usually very snug and *do not* not distort the upper rail at all when they are tightened or fastened on. You may see some rail distortion when tightening some handguards on, when using some of the cheaper and what I like to call the squish type clamp on handguards
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-13-18 at 13:05.