Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self Defense? Hmmmm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Self Defense? Hmmmm

I, as with most here, are strong supporters of the Right (capital R) of self defense, but this one is hard to justify. Shot him in the back as he attempted to climb out a window. It does not appear he was a physical threat to her at any time. Perhaps the charge was overly aggressive and that's why she got off? However, she claimed he was grabbing for her gun and she beat him to it and the vid does not show it. I suspect that's BS, but a "reasonable doubt" for a Murder 1 charge, and acquitted. Trying to arrest the guy, a big guy no less, on her own with her kid in the room, what could possibly go wrong?

"The video shows Chasity Carey shooting her client Brandon Williams, 38, in the back as he tried to climb out of a window on Aug. 9, 2017. At the time, Carey and her 19-year-old son were attempting to take Williams, who was free on bail, back into custody." Cont:

http://www.guns.com/2018/03/13/prose...source=twitter

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks pretty cut and dried to me. Surprised she got off. I was all excited to wish her a fun stay in prison
    Last edited by kerplode; 03-13-18 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Looks pretty cut and dried to me. Surprised she got off. I was all excited to wish her a fun stay in prison
    Had they gone for a MS charge, might have stuck, but First Degree murder?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The police and prosecutors had this video and gave her a pass, read more carefully...no pass, big question about the jury though.? Was he a dangerous felon? IMO there has to be something seriously wrong with you to shoot somebody in the back like that and without an eminent danger situation. It looked almost like a casual shoot . If you ever meet her keep your eye on her.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 03-13-18 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I guess there won't be any riots over this one...

The "bail agent" keeps a loaded handgun unsecured in her desk where she meets with her "clients", let that one sink in.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-13-18 at 14:44.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

The "bail agent" keeps a loaded handgun unsecured in her desk where she meets with her "clients", let that one sink in.
    That was the second thing I saw. The first thing I observed was she racked the slide after the shot THEN she put the gun in the drawer.

Then yelling 911 repeatedly. What was that about? or was the phone voice activated?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I was expecting to watch a video of that guy knocking her son out then attacking her ?

he seems like a chump but in no way does he seem like a violent after watching

and yeah for sure she killed him did not murder him but I feel sometimes people like this are tougher then they think cause of some authority they might have
    if that guy was a bad guy they would both be dead

she deserves to loose her lic and spend some time with her clients for sure and be charged with a felony so she cant kill more people

she is a freaking moronic idiot (as said unsecured gun etc.) and her poor kid did not know or realize how stupid her mom was till now I reckon
    Last edited by Honu; 03-13-18 at 15:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That was the second thing I saw. The first thing I observed was she racked the slide after the shot THEN she put the gun in the drawer.

Then yelling 911 repeatedly. What was that about? or was the phone voice activated?
    I bet you a PMAG her dumbass thought she was unloading the gun to "secure" it when putting it back in the drawer.

As for the 911 thing, she sounded pretty calm and I believe she was talking into her phone to call 911 for her from the lock screen.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    This is a tough one. I'm no lawyer or judge but I could see murder sticking. On the other hand, we need to know what he was out on bond for. If he was out on bond for murder she could articulate that she feared for the public's safety since he was trying to avoid going back into custody.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The kid was pretty upset by the whole fiasco. And then while she was fool farting around with her heater, she covered him with it.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 03-13-18 at 16:20.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast