Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: National School Walkout 03/14/2018 thoughts, concerns, news

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Name one issue kids will not use as an excuse to skip school. This is a brilliant move by Bloomberg & Co for media hype.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    All of the kids in the DFW area are not even going to school tomorrow..... It is spring break........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If school kids wanted to impress me with how strongly they supported a given issue, they would stay IN school, do their homework and raise their GPA. Walking our of school in support of cause X is about as meaningful as a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker.
    “Slacktivism”
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Name one issue kids will not use as an excuse to skip school. This is a brilliant move by Bloomberg & Co for media hype.

I know at least one public college in CO that is telling their faculty to let kids makeup tests who miss them. It’s a no risk “protest” sanctioned by tax dollars in public education.

Another reason to hate socialized education.
    And they aren't above using the dead to get out. I know when I was in high school a couple or three kids got killed drinking and driving or speeding or some such from ANOTHER school and about half of my school tried to use it as an excuse to get out of class or school or demand grief consuling.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    No.

I know it isn't :-P I was commenting on the information material that was posted. When I see groups pushing they're grass roots I take it as sure sign they aren't.

I also acknowledge you probably realize I already knew that and just quoted my post because it was less painful than re-reading the original one. Either way, I think I still have my Darth Soros action figure from Kenner from back in the 80's in my basement storage area. :-)
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If school kids wanted to impress me with how strongly they supported a given issue, they would stay IN school, do their homework and raise their GPA. Walking our of school in support of cause X is about as meaningful as a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker.
    I agree. But school is no longer about reading, writing and 'rithmetic. It is about feelings, self-esteem, how-to-be-a-victim, and being able to self identify as a lbgtfxyz... You know, the things that will impress a future employer and help you make a living without government assistance.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whole thing is complete BS. Whatever. I do not care about some child's opinion. Kids of every generation have thought that they were more knowledgeable than their parents. They have all been wrong. Let these little shits get a job, work 50-60 hours a week, then have indignant kids who mouth off to them about how old and out of touch they are... Twenty years from now they'll all be online complaining that their damned kids need to live their lives before trying to preach to adults.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    mandatory drug test for every kid gone that day any one of them that tests positive fail them for that grade and prosecute them for ilegal drug use since it kills way more than guns

they want new laws lets show them we can enforce the current ones first

you know do it for the kids

Feedback Score
    The Primary organizing and funneling of the money is courtesy of Michael Bloomberg's "Every Town" organization. It serves as a conduit for outside money from so-called celebrities and foreign interests like Soros.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    All of the kids in the DFW area are not even going to school tomorrow..... It is spring break........
    Pretty much all of Alaska as well.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast