Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: National School Walkout 03/14/2018 thoughts, concerns, news

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Name one issue kids will not use as an excuse to skip school. This is a brilliant move by Bloomberg & Co for media hype.

I know at least one public college in CO that is telling their faculty to let kids makeup tests who miss them. It’s a no risk “protest” sanctioned by tax dollars in public education.

Another reason to hate socialized education.
    My daughter's school staged their walkout last week because this week is spring break for them. She stayed in class and worked on homework for those 17 minutes. She's been questioned constantly about why she's pro-gun. She's doing the best she can in the hostile environment. She has pointed out repeatedly the hypocrisy, in the current anti-bully environment, that her liberal classmates find it perfectly o.k. to bully the pro-2nd girl in the class.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    My daughter's school staged their walkout last week because this week is spring break for them. She stayed in class and worked on homework for those 17 minutes. She's been questioned constantly about why she's pro-gun. She's doing the best she can in the hostile environment. She has pointed out repeatedly the hypocrisy, in the current anti-bully environment, that her liberal classmates find it perfectly o.k. to bully the pro-2nd girl in the class.
    Exactly what my 7th grader is concerned with and that he won't be able to articulate an adequate defense.
    I'm going to pick him up from school before the planned event so that he doesn't have to participate and won't have to try to defend his stance.

My 8th grader is comfortable with his decision although I don't know if he plans to participate. ( I told them both that they could proceed however they wanted. They are free-thinking Americans and can choose how to feel on their own not based on how they think Dad feels about the topic.) I asked my 8th grader, if he chooses to walk out, to take his phone with him, stay hyper alert, and leave himself an escape avenue if something were to go wrong today. I explained that this seems very counter-intuitive to me that the schools are making big groups of soft targets on their campuses.

I'm praying that all these kids stay safe today.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The Primary organizing and funneling of the money is courtesy of Michael Bloomberg's "Every Town" organization. It serves as a conduit for outside money from so-called celebrities and foreign interests like Soros.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is a paragraph written by teenagers with "an adult ally", right.

"We demand that Congress enact an immediate resolution declaring gun violence a public health crisis and dedicating federal funding to research solutions and implement violence intervention programs. We demand Congress recognize all forms of gun violence, including violence committed by police."

Literally from their page titled "#ENOUGH DEMANDS".

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    I also acknowledge you probably realize I already knew that and just quoted my post because it was less painful than re-reading the original one. Either way, I think I still have my Darth Soros action figure from Kenner from back in the 80's in my basement storage area. :-)
    It was convenient. And you play with dolls?

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    It was convenient. And you play with dolls?

They're not dolls, they're action figures! I can quit whenever I want! :-)

On a serious note, I feel for anyone who's kids are not on Spring Break today.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Some national news anchor just said something like “it’s amazing how organized and eloquent these kids are, just a few weeks after the Parklland tradgedy...”

It amazes me just how disconnected from reality these people really are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Disconnected from reality

or

parroting the party line?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is a paragraph written by teenagers with "an adult ally", right.

"We demand that Congress enact an immediate resolution declaring gun violence a public health crisis and dedicating federal funding to research solutions and implement violence intervention programs. We demand Congress recognize all forms of gun violence, including violence committed by police."

Literally from their page titled "#ENOUGH DEMANDS".
    Funny how we already have a Federally Funded Organization researching health risks: the Center for Disease Control.

While not the least liberal institution in America, they already include ALL firearm related deaths and injuries. LEO, Self Defense, Murder, all calculated in.

Since they actually have some fact basis behind it, though the CDC still tries to skew it at times, has shown that Influenza, Doctor Malpractice/Negligence, Obesity, Abortions, Smoking, Drinking, Drug Abuse, all on their own are more likely to cause death than Firearms. Yet, we still fail to see massive public outcry on all of these topics. Especially medical error. Hundreds of Thousands of cases yearly, and no one bats an eye.

Just goes to show that the emotions are running far to high to anyone to make a factual based decision. Just this: Let's do this for the feels and makes demands we ALEADY HAVE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The Primary organizing and funneling of the money is courtesy of Michael Bloomberg's "Every Town" organization. It serves as a conduit for outside money from so-called celebrities and foreign interests like Soros.
    “Empower”, the people that brought us the women’s march were the biggest group assisting. That’s Soros. I agree that Doomberg has his fingers all over this too. Don’t forget the teachers union also. The credits for this read like a Star Wars movie.

This NOT a youth movement. These kids are getting USED.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm guessing the same kids that lose their ID Badges for school, their house keys, forget their homework and suck at planning something as simple and required as cutting the damned grass aren't planning much of this.
    This is a sham, if anyone believes any of this was master minded by a bunch of 14-19 year old kids, you don't have kids.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast