Thread: Knight RAS II RAIL....... Any good?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Knight RAS II RAIL....... Any good?

Got two new 6720's..... Thought about adding a rail on one......... Was looking at the Knight RAS II rail

https://www.opticsplanet.com/knight-...ib-panels.html

Anybody have any experience with this rail?
    VIOLENCE OF ACTION..........DON'T HESITATE.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I doubt optics planet actually has them in stock, when I checked the availability it gave me 29-38 days. I've ordered things from them with much shorter estimates that took months longer.

In stock and ready to ship from Brownells today
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod98029.aspx

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I bought one for $150 shipped, and for the money it isn't bad. It's currently installed on my carbine build, and for the most part I like it because it locks up very solid, and it free floats the barrel. The downside is that it is somewhat crowded for rail space even for a carbine rail, and it limits the placement of your optics. If you want to mount a Comp M3, or PRO in a forward position you will need a Larue ($$) mount for a lower 1/3 witness.

Range day 2.jpgRange day 3.jpg
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 03-13-18 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I bought one for $150 shipped, and for the money it isn't bad. It's currently installed on my carbine build, and for the most part I like it because it locks up very solid, and it free floats the barrel. The downside is that it is somewhat crowded for rail space even for a carbine rail, and it limits the placement of your optics. If you want to mount a Comp M3, or PRO in a forward position you will need a Larue ($$) mount for a lower 1/3 witness.

Range day 2.jpgRange day 3.jpg
    you can use other low profile mounts, or even good quality scope mounts.

The design of the rail is older, but still very functional if you don’t mind the bump.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    you can use other low profile mounts, or even good quality scope mounts.

The design of the rail is older, but still very functional if you don’t mind the bump.
    Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just wanted to provide the best answer to his question that I could. My only gripe is that the top rail doesn't have as much space as I would like, so I have to mount my tape switch on the port side instead of the top. Other than that I like it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OP, if you decide to go with the forend you mentioned, might as well get it from KAC directly. Includes four rail panels and the vertical grip.

http://shop.knightarmco.com/ProductD...ctID=KM22243-1

Feedback Score
    I like mine....what a steal at $150 with foregrip and panels. I just used the Aimpoint mount without spacer and it works fine even in front of a 3xmag.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Our unit was short on RAS rails when we deployed to Iraq for our second rotation (05-06), so I ordered a RAS II for my carbine. Ran an ACOG behind the hump. Overall the rail was GTG. I wish I had kept it, but sold it a few years ago.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Knight RAS II RAIL....... Any good?

In case anyone wanted to know, this rail works with the Sionics medium contour 11.5 barrel. Had no issues with the install.
    Last edited by Alpine2k3; 03-20-18 at 07:02.
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    Had one 10+ years ago, worked for the purpose at the time.

Mounted a S&B Short Dot on it with Sako picatinny rings.