G&R Tactical

Thread: TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES: STOP THE BLEED MONTH

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES: STOP THE BLEED MONTH

There is National Focus this month on obtaining training and knowledge related to stopping severe bleeding and the items required to aid in this portion of trauma medicine/first aid and it is open to the public - not just first responders or Mil/Govt personnel..

All month there have been many FREE courses throughout the United States. You can visit the link below to search your state for class schedules for the remainder of the month. Many of the courses provide a basic stop the bleed EDC type of kit. Pouch, TQ, Packing gauze, bandages, med tape/adhesive strips and knowledge how to use each of them in various bleed scenarios. Class duration is 2 hours.

https://cms.bleedingcontrol.org/Class/Search

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks for the link.
    I took a Dark Angel Medical course last year ($$) so a free class will be a good refresher.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This will actually come to my area at the end of the month. Thank you.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    For those near Fort Worth, I think Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics is doing one that weekend. I will ask him if they have any more room.

I'm at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference this weekend, and I'll ask about other trainers and classes.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I missed a class by lone star medics in my area because I found it only a day before the class. It looked like a great class.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I do these in central NC. If anyone is in my area and interested, PM me.

Feedback Score
    Just signed up in PA...