Thread: Looking for A5 Clarification

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Looking for A5 Clarification

Been ready any threads I can find on the A5 buffer system...I feel I'm getting more confused the more I read.

If I'm following things correctly, the A5 system is an intermediate step between the standard rifle buffer system and the carbine system. If so, the way I understand it is the A5 is meant to replicate the physics of a rifle buffer/gas system in order to give the same performance with shorter gas systems. From what I could find online, the weight of a rifle buffer is 5.2oz and an A5H2 is 5.3oz. Am I correct in concluding then that an upper that runs on a lower using a rifle buffer system will perform the same way on a lower with an A5 system using an A5H2 buffer?

I ask because I'm looking to switch out my fixed A2-style stock with an UBR Gen 2 and would like to use an A5 buffer system with my 16" mid length upper that is paired with the lower.

I realize I can fine tune things later if wanted, at the moment I just want to make sure I have the correct starting point.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You've got it.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think you will be pleased with that approach. The old UBR's wouldn't accept the A5 if I remember, causing me to switch them out. The A5 system is so good, I run it on every AR, period. It's good stuff.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You're on the money in my eyes.

I am running 2 different A5 setups. Considering a third. All I need at this point is the tube. Might just go pistol.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thank you all for letting me know I was following things correctly :-)
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.