Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been waiting forever for this

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looking forward to your observations.

Feedback Score
    Depending on what I hear on here, I may have to have one.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    I have an SPR-ish build that needs a trigger and I’ve been scouring for a good single-stage trigger. I’m looking forward to a range report.
    I have pretty high confidence in Geissele products. I think they really think about things before they bring something to market.
    Question, who else makes a single stage trigger for an AR? Timney? A true single stage?
    Last edited by BillB; 03-17-18 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm just finishing up a DMRish build. I'm very interested in hearing how this trigger performs. Thanks in advance for keeping us updated.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I'm just finishing up a DMRish build. I'm very interested in hearing how this trigger performs. Thanks in advance for keeping us updated.
    Yeah, no problem. I always have wanted Geissele to make a single stage unit ever since I got the first SSA-E and was so impressed with it.
    I think a DMR/SPR type or any other precision platform would be a good type for a single stage. I ordered mine with my Mk12 in mind. I think though that people who are used to or have only ever shot two stage triggers will have a bit of a learning curve when or if switching to a single. Me personally prefer a single because they're what I grew up shooting.
    Last edited by BillB; 03-17-18 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a couple of Geissele triggers in a few of my rifles, I have the S3G in my go to rifle and that thing is stupid light. Idk how they could really improve vs. that trigger.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yeah, I like the S3G too. It is indeed light. It does have some shared characteristics with a ss but at the same time it is a hybrid as per Mr. Us own description. There is just less overall movements in a ss, a true as and that is why I think it may not be for everyone particularly folks schooled on 2 stage triggers. A long time ago the saying used to be " You either love or hate a 2 stage trigger" ,because they weren't really that common. The opposite seems to be true now especially among AR shooters, unless you stuck with the mil spec switch and they are not representative of what a really sweet as trigger can do. The BCM/ALG PNT triggers are really a nice trigger but they're not even close to what I'm HOPING for here.
    We shall see.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I received my SSP yesterday and installed it in a BCM pinned BFH 14.5” with a KMR-A that I have. I’ve only dry-fired it, but it may be my favorite trigger. I have several SSA’s, SSA-E’s, Tricon’s, and S3G’s. The closest comparison I could make is the second stage of an SSA-E with no travel whatsoever, just apply pressure and it breaks. It would be great for a DMR or hunting rifle, I’m not 100% on using it for a duty rifle. There’s no getting off the trigger once you begin applying pressure like you can with a two-stage. My S3G’s have the heavier trigger spring installed, so I can’t really make a comparison between the two except that the S3G has a bit of travel before it breaks, where the SSP doesn’t have any.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    dc, it's great to hear from an actual user. Your words are precisely what I was expecting to hear, no make-up, clean, crisp break and hardly any movement. How is the reset?
    Your description and assessment is why I said that these may not be for everyone, or to everyone liking. I'll admit to seeing a limited role for these but it could fill it's role very well.
    Again, hood to hear something about these.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    dc, it's great to hear from an actual user. Your words are precisely what I was expecting to hear, no make-up, clean, crisp break and hardly any movement. How is the reset?
    Your description and assessment is why I said that these may not be for everyone, or to everyone liking. I'll admit to seeing a limited role for these but it could fill it's role very well.
    Again, hood to hear something about these.
    The reset is good, short and tactile. I like the trigger a lot, but for a HD/duty gun not much margin of error compared to an SSA or even a S3G. I won’t know for sure until I get to the range, but I’m curious to see if it is easy to inadvertently bump-fire. That’s an easy fix by properly following through, but may be an issue for some.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast