Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been waiting forever for this

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    My S3G’s have the heavier trigger spring installed
    Did your SSP come with a 4.5lb and 3.5lb spring? I thought I remember Geissele stating there would be two spring options for this trigger so want to verify.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 03-24-18 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Did your SSP come with a 4.5lb and 3.5lb spring? I thought I remember Geissele stating their would be two spring options for this trigger so want to verify.
    The SSP only came with one spring, I would assume it’s a 4.5lb spring but it doesn’t feel that heavy. I don’t have a trigger scale to measure, but the 3.5lb spring is usually purple and the installed spring was grey/silver in color.
    ETA: I don’t know if I’d even install a lighter spring if it was available as the installed spring is plenty light.
    Last edited by dcf1981; 03-18-18 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I actually just checked Brownells website again and it lists it at 3.5 lb. Midway has it listed as 3.5 lb or 4.5 lb, and Geissele's site doesn't have it listed, surprisingly.

Talk about confusing..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I actually just checked Brownells website again and it lists it at 3.5 lb. Midway has it listed as 3.5 lb or 4.5 lb, and Geissele's site doesn't have it listed, surprisingly.

Talk about confusing..

I would say it definitely feels like 3.5lbs, like I said earlier the closest comparison I could make is the second stage of an SSA-E with no pre-travel. Just pressure and it breaks, cleanly. Perhaps the reason it can be 3.5lbs without a purple spring is due to the geometry of the engagement surfaces vs an S3G which needs the lighter spring for 3.5lbs or the standard spring for 4.5lbs.

Feedback Score
    Is there a tangible difference between the SSP and the S3G? Barring the slight difference in trigger pull weight & the whole SSP is a true single stage vs S3G isn't a true single stage. What exactly does that mean anyway?

Feedback Score
    Can anyone confirm if this will work in a 9mm AR? I would have been content with the SD-3G but they don't reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bakuon View Post
    Is there a tangible difference between the SSP and the S3G? Barring the slight difference in trigger pull weight & the whole SSP is a true single stage vs S3G isn't a true single stage. What exactly does that mean anyway?
    The S3G has a decent amount of pre-travel, no wall, then breaks very cleanly. The SSP has no travel, a distinct wall, and breaks very cleanly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got mine a few days ago and tried it out Friday. All I can say is holy cow!!! I am not a fan of my S3G and preferred the SSA until today. This is now my top liking.

Expensive but worth it. A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    How does this compare to a Hiperfire 3G? The description of the feel the trigger sounds similar.

I put a Hiperfire in my Sig MPX and I was surprised how much I liked it. Full disclosure this gun it being used for steel challenge and USPSA PCC.

I’m a die hard 2 stage trigger fan. All of my other ARs have a 2 Stage “G” trigger of some flavor.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have just over 200 rounds with the SSP now. Initial impression is very positive. So much so, in fact, that I may put this trigger in all my rifles that are not precision oriented (I like the SSA-E/SD-E for those).

The trigger has very similar characteristics to a BCM PNT but with a much smoother break, much lighter pull weight, and a shorter, very crisp reset. The break itself feels VERY light in comparison to other single stage AR triggers. You can run this trigger very fast (think Geissele S3G/SD3G) yet it works very well if precision shots are needed. Over all this may be my favorite trigger now. I wouldn't say it feels like a bolt gun trigger, but it definitely fits the bill for an awesome all around trigger.

I'll be buying more of them for sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast