Thread: BCM Gas Port Size Question

Feedback Score

BCM Gas Port Size Question

Does anyone know the gas port size of the BCM ML 16 inch and 14.5 inch ML? I was curious if they were the same size or if the 14.5 is larger. I did ask BCM, but they informed me that was part of their intellectual property. However, they did suggest that I should inquire on this and another forum.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    By their nature a 14.5 should have a larger gas port than a 16 because there is less time to get the gas to cycle the rifle.

Not sure of the specs, however.

Feedback Score
    Move along to a company that will disclose a basic spec. Did you get an answer about twist, chamber, length, weight? Its not like you cant measure it once in your hand.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Gas-Port-Data

Absent any spec from BCM, no choice but to assume the data in that link is accurate (gas port is the same for both 16 and 14.5 midlength barrel @ 0.076"). Agree that in theory, the 16" should have a smaller port. Guess a couple of tool changes is not worth it.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 03-15-18 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    This is a tech question and belongs there. But I did the research for you, so here you go:https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Gas-Port-Data

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamano View Post
    Move along to a company that will disclose a basic spec. Did you get an answer about twist, chamber, length, weight? Its not like you cant measure it once in your hand.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Gas-Port-Data

Absent any spec from BCM, no choice but to assume the data in that link is accurate (gas port is the same for both 16 and 14.5 midlength barrel @ 0.076"). Agree that in theory, the 16" should have a smaller port. Guess a couple of tool changes is not worth it.
    0.076" is just about perfect for a 16" midlength. I would not want to go significantly smaller unless I was running suppressed most of the time.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. I am familiar with the other thread and it is one of the reasons for my question. Within the thread a couple of people mentioned they had BCM barrels with gas ports smaller than 0.076. At this time I will assume they are both 0.076.
    Thank you for all the responses and your attention,

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    They are .076. I have measured many of both.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    .076 is the 11.5" carbine as well.
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Its not scientific because they have different muzzle devices, but i recently threw a faxon 14.5 which claims a .081 gas port. Compared to my bcm 16 with .076 the faxon feels like it has more gas for sure.