Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK P30L and VP9

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Thanks for reading.
    What we starting a spat over? You said you haven’t seen any sub $600 P30, I simply linked them for you and every one is sub $600.

Scratching my head on what I missed?

Never mind, my eyes jumped over you saying the OP hooked you up. Reading posts and not authors I guess. You were spot on. I didn’t read.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 03-16-18 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    P30L V1 is my go-to pistol. I bought a VP9 right as they came out. It was nice, but I preferred by P30L. Sold the VP to fund ammo for the P30.

Feedback Score
    i have the P30L LEM version and a VP9 and it's hard to say if one is more accurate than the other.... and i havent had any issues with either gun, both have run 100% with any type of ammo i've used on them.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, the opinions of a SWAT guy who made prod GM with the VP9, while shooting the P30L competitively before that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No
    The VP9 runs circles around the P30L. It recoils flatter, the trigger is more predictable, and since the gun extends back over your hand it is much easier to index. I would guesstimate that I'm a good 10-15% better with the VP9 without any significant transition training.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I love my VP9. Got the LE model with night sights and the FDE frame.

Shoots to the sights out to 50 yards out of the box. Only modification is an HK Parts striker catch sere spring that reduced the second stage of the trigger pull about 1lb. Did a buddy’s VP9 at the same time with an identical result. We tried the HK Parts trigger return spring in combination but it made trigger reset mushy so put the stock spring back in on both. He also has an LE model in FDE, both pistols shoot where the sights look.

Was able to capture top honors on the pistol portion of a PatMac class with the pistol setup this way. My buddy came in 2nd or 3rd if memory serves, so pretty solid overall performance.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    My P30 Light LEM trigger is my goto CCW if I go larger than shield. The VP9 is very nice, slightly bigger, very slightly. Trigger very good. The P30 edges out the VP9 in ergos, again slightly. Most people grab a P30 and say wow, that feels amazing.

Both great guns.

PB
    To add to my post, I would say to make the hammer fired P30 trigger great , I needed to send to Bill Springfield and have instal a set screw for short reset. No other work done, just reset screw was magic.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    What we starting a spat over? You said you haven’t seen any sub $600 P30, I simply linked them for you and every one is sub $600.

Scratching my head on what I missed?

Never mind, my eyes jumped over you saying the OP hooked you up. Reading posts and not authors I guess. You were spot on. I didn’t read.
    I wasn't trying to be so snappy with my response I apologize

To add to my post, I would say to make the hammer fired P30 trigger great , I needed to send to Bill Springfield and have instal a set screw for short reset. No other work done, just reset screw was magic.

PB
    Yes even if it's the only thing you do to the trigger, it makes a night and day difference
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    If it had been any other manufacturer I would say that they're dumping their remaining stock onto the market at cut-rate prices. It's hard to imagine HK doing that with the P30, though.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I have had multiple p30’s and p30L all in LEM. I have also had a vp9.

The vp9 was a great gun but I prefer the p30L.

My p30’s have been constant work horses are extremely reliable, durable and accurate. People used to striker fired guns may have a intitial setback with the trigger. Personally the trigger is not a big deal. Yea it is a longer pull and a longer reset but once you get used to it, it’s does not hinder in getting quick and accurate hits.

The LEM is different and people would be better off learning the characteristics from scratch by starting off with the basic fundamentals and applying them and seeing how the trigger needs to be manipulated to produce the desired results.

Another big benefit is the hammer, so one could thumb the hammer when reholstering.

Feedback Score
    My P30 Light LEM trigger is my goto CCW if I go larger than shield.
    PB
    My sediments exactly! I went 1 step further and did a spring replacement (2 springs, $20 & 20 minutes later) and both SA/DA pulls are lighter yet!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast