Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a Glock 19 in my life.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Set the targets at 200y and report back.
    A Glock 22 with OEM sights and 180g HP Federal will hit a B-27 at least 10% of the time at 200 meters. BTDT. If you shot from the roll over prone position I suspect you could do a little better.

I purchased another G19 Blue Label today. I suspect the 9mm with decent 124g ammunition will shoot a bit better at 200 meters.
    Last edited by T2C; 03-27-18 at 20:23.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All of my Glocks (3) are Gen-3, I purchased all three when the Gen-4's were doing the BTF thing.
    My Wife and I took the G-17 out and although many folks here don't prefer to teach a new pistol shooter on a Glock, she did very well, but thought it was a little large for her.
    I was on a recent business trip and found a Gen-4 G19 and bought it for her. She's pretty happy with it and shoots it bi-weekly now.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    All of my Glocks (3) are Gen-3, I purchased all three when the Gen-4's were doing the BTF thing.
    My Wife and I took the G-17 out and although many folks here don't prefer to teach a new pistol shooter on a Glock, she did very well, but thought it was a little large for her.
    I was on a recent business trip and found a Gen-4 G19 and bought it for her. She's pretty happy with it and shoots it bi-weekly now.
    Gen3masterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I ditched all of my Gen 4 17 and 19 pistols because they never really worked for me. Reverted back to a classic Gen 3 17 for everything.

Gen 5 has changed that for me personally. The gun just works for me and I really like the improvements. Bought two Gen 5 19s last year and will be getting a 19X this week. Plan on getting two Gen 5 34 MOS pistols later this year to serve as gamer/HD/fun guns.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    My personal ranking of the G19s I've owned:

1. 19X
    2. G5
    3. G2
    4. G4

Obviously skipped the G3 altogether, but I have shot them. Got rid of the G2 and G4, but wish I had kept the G2.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I purchased one up last month. I was messing with the Gen3 RTF2, Gen 4 and 5 at the store for an hour. The Gen 3 RTF2 felt the best to me, so I bought it.

Installed Vickers mag catch, Ghost 3.5lb connector and WOTG fiber optic sight. Need more range time so I can get to get used to the factory trigger.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just buy one of each. I have three gen 4's but honestly 3/4/5 they're all good. I have to admit one of my coworkers bought a 19X and I scoffed at it. But after handling it and shooting it at the range I was pretty surprised how well it shot. Had a fantastic trigger right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    A Glock 22 with OEM sights and 180g HP Federal will hit a B-27 at least 10% of the time at 200 meters.....I suspect the 9mm with decent 124g ammunition will shoot a bit better at 200 meters.
    Managed a first round hit on reduced silhouette steel at 100 the other day, so I will certainly take that.

124gr versus 115gr out to 200, 124gr was way more consistent in this gun. I suck at shooting handguns so lets call it a less than 5% hit ratio...

So far, I have zero desire to change anything having to do with the trigger feel/reset/weight. I just want to shoot it, I'm hooked.
    Industry Disclosure
    Current: Blue Force Gear

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooterman017 View Post
    Managed a first round hit on reduced silhouette steel at 100 the other day, so I will certainly take that.

124gr versus 115gr out to 200, 124gr was way more consistent in this gun. I suck at shooting handguns so lets call it a less than 5% hit ratio...

So far, I have zero desire to change anything having to do with the trigger feel/reset/weight. I just want to shoot it, I'm hooked.
    The Glock 19 is a fantastic sidearm. I'm always a bit puzzled why people expect the Glock to be anything other than what it was designed to be. A combat sidearm highly effective within a range of 25 yards in real-world combat. And given that the vast majority of situations that civilians will EVER encounter, the Glock will deliver rounds on target effective every time all the time within the well documented distances that SD distances take place: 7 feet in three seconds.

The Glock just works. It's not sexy. It's not the "newest thing" but it just works.

Good enough for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123