Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a Glock 19 in my life.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I need a Glock 19 in my life.

Went to buy one today (settled on a Gen 3), but right next to it in the case was a Gen 4 MOS.

I live under a rock and had no clue a 19 MOS was even a thing, which is great because I planned on putting an RMR on it, just wasn't sure how to go about it. This one had an OD frame, and my brain goes "hey, self, that should mean a tan and/or grey frame 19 MOS exists, right??" Dude behind the counter wasn't sure.

My google-fu is weak tonight; does a Gen 4 19 MOS with grey frame exist and have a part number??

Help me.
    Industry Disclosure
    Current: Blue Force Gear

Feedback Score
    The Gen 3 is wonderful.

Feedback Score
    Gen 3 milled to your own RDS over a Gen "brass in your face" 4 MOS, but that's just me as a happy owner of multiple Gen 3's.

Having said that, I would give serious thought to a skipping to a Gen 5, which they will come out with in MOS form if they haven't already.

Patience is your friend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does this help any? $179.00 + slide completion parts if you don't have them.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod107977.aspx

(the link is to a 17 slide, the 19's are in the list on the right side - same price)

I bought one and it works fine, mine had the firing pin channel liner installed, I don't know why because they specifically said 'Channel liner required for these slides. Channel liners are a press fit and require a tool to install' but mine was installed.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-15-18 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Gen 3 milled to your own RDS over a Gen "brass in your face" 4 MOS, but that's just me as a happy owner of multiple Gen 3's.

Having said that, I would give serious thought to a skipping to a Gen 5, which they will come out with in MOS form if they haven't already.

Patience is your friend.
    DONT START that malarky again. Nothing wrong with the Gen4's...I cant stand the Gen 5's myself...and mine have more rounds thru them than many.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shooterman017
    Even though I like my P10c better, I have a Gen 2 G19 and love it. 19's are like a good .22 rimfire rifle, everyone should have one.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Gen 3 17 that has been like a good dog to me. Going Gen 3 + milling is a solid alternative to Gen 4 + MOS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooterman017 View Post
    Went to buy one today (settled on a Gen 3), but right next to it in the case was a Gen 4 MOS.

I live under a rock and had no clue a 19 MOS was even a thing, which is great because I planned on putting an RMR on it, just wasn't sure how to go about it. This one had an OD frame, and my brain goes "hey, self, that should mean a tan and/or grey frame 19 MOS exists, right??" Dude behind the counter wasn't sure.

My google-fu is weak tonight; does a Gen 4 19 MOS with grey frame exist and have a part number??

Help me.
    Lipsey's is the company partnering with Glock to make the different colored frames. AFAIK all MOS Glocks come in any color you want so long as you want black.(I could be wrong, but I've never personally seen an MOS w/colored frame.) If your LGS had an MOS with OD frame it was likely Cerakoted. My LGS Cerakoted a bunch of their regular black Glocks because the weren't moving as fast as the factory colored frames. They Cerakoted them, put factory night sights on them, marked em up $200 and sold em all rather quickly.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My understanding of the MOS is it’s a compromise, it’s modular so it can accommodate multiple optics, but because of that the optics sit higher on the slide.

OP should look in to buying a standard gen x and having the slide milled. Alternately if you are ok with a gen 3 you can buy a complete oem frame for relatively cheap and install an aftermarket slide that is milled. Gen 4/5 frames are also out there just more expensive.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Lipsey's is the company partnering with Glock to make the different colored frames. AFAIK all MOS Glocks come in any color you want so long as you want black.(I could be wrong, but I've never personally seen an MOS w/colored frame.) If your LGS had an MOS with OD frame it was likely Cerakoted. My LGS Cerakoted a bunch of their regular black Glocks because the weren't moving as fast as the factory colored frames. They Cerakoted them, put factory night sights on them, marked em up $200 and sold em all rather quickly.
    I own an OD that isn't Cerakoted and they're still relatively easy to find (Model: PG-19572-03MOS).

I don't think gray or FDE are available for the MOS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast