Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 5.56 suppressor input on these options...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I only have the M4-2000 but I've put about 3500 rounds through it and no issues at all. It stays on my SBR full time.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Surefire minis go on sale for under $800 sometimes. Might be something to consider.
    Locks on, shorter/lighter than full size can, reduced back pressure.
    They are on sale for 675 right now.. Its what I would do if I was the OP... https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...om556-mini.htm
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    I like the full size cans
    SOCOM556RC
    M42k
    Sig SRD556QD
    Griffen Armament Recce 5

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    TRIBE MATTERS

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    I like the full size cans
    SOCOM556RC
    M42k
    Sig SRD556QD
    Griffen Armament Recce 5

Great suggestions. Personally I prefer mini cans on 556 and if I want to go to a full size can I use a 7.62 can.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    They are on sale for 675 right now.. Its what I would do if I was the OP... https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...om556-mini.htm
    I'll see if they distribute to my LGS. At the moment the M4-2000 seems like my best if they don't. I can get it started and be on the way to my second suppressor, which would likely be the Surefire.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a SiCo Omega and a Saker 5.56 pending. If you go with the Saker, I’d recommend upgrading to Dead Air’s Key-Mo mounts. Much more secure and easier to use, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'll see if they distribute to my LGS. At the moment the M4-2000 seems like my best if they don't. I can get it started and be on the way to my second suppressor, which would likely be the Surefire.
    M42k is still a standard

Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    After handling a bunch of 5.56 rifles with different cans, I found the most important thing to me in a 5.56 suppressor was weight. If the rifle is going to be carried or used for lots of drills, that weight is going to be the biggest issue. I started using pencil barrels to decrease the up-front weight even more and haven't looked back.

The next issue was how much it reduced sound. I found I didn't like the sound, regardless of tone, if it was above about 144dB or so.

Finally, durability matched to your host. A buddy of mine ran an Ops Inc can (the one about the same overall length as an AAC SDN6) on a 10.5" SBR. When I got to see it, it had a a few thousand rounds through it and the stainless steel baffles were eroded all to hell. It was noticeably louder than my Ranger 2 on a 16", a 5.56 Surefire can on a 10.5" SBR, and an AAC SDN6 on another 10.5" SBR. The apertures in the first 3 baffles in the Ops Inc can were all irregularly shaped and much larger than original size. The blast baffle was basically doing nothing at that point and the next baffle doing about half duty, I think.

Also, if you plan to run suppressed 100% of the time, don't discount a thread-on can. Remember that the flash hider or brake adapter for a quick attach can adds a quarter pound on top of the listed weight of the can. I've run a thread-on can attached with a little Rocksett and have had zero issues with rapid fire. Removal is no problem either, though I do it quarterly as it requires blocking the barrel in the vice and a wrench.

I'd look at Sig's thread-on SRD556 can. Very light weight and durable. The Saker K is the ultimate in durability, still under 140dB, and still among the lightest non-titanium cans. My current favorite is the SiCo Omega, since it works for .30 caliber as well, is comparable in weight to the lighter 5.56 cans, has a stellite blast baffle, and can be configured to run either thread-on or quick attach.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an RC2 and love it. Was going to link to arms unlimited, as they have SF cans for under $700, I was going to make a post about them shortly. Can’t go wrong with SF. Also, consider the Sandman, you can find them pretty reasonably priced and everyone raves about them. I’m currently debating between these two, and may just have to get both 😁.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast