Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 5.56 suppressor input on these options...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Need 5.56 suppressor input on these options...

Yes, its another one of "those" threads...I'm putting a suppressor on a 16" 5.56 AR with possible occasional use on an 18" SPR. The can will essentially live its life on my go-to rifle. I have enough put away at my LGS to order a decent can, but am having trouble picking from the following:

1-Recce 5(about $150 more from me)
    2-M4-2000(on sale for what I already have invested)
    3-Saker 5.56( if I want to spend another $250)

1-The Recce 5 seems like everything I want, but I'm a bit apprehensive about a mount that doesn't "lock on" in some way.

2-Everything about the M4-2000 seems durable. While it's not new technology, the can seems proven and durable. Tempted to just buy it and worry about latest and greatest some other time.

3-Is supposed to be a pretty tough can, and I like that I can put it on 5.56 rifles that have 5/8" threads. Can also be upgraded with different mounts.

What are your experiences with these cans? I don't want to wait forever to buy one, especially with the unpredictable political climate. My way of putting away for the can has simply been putting $50 a check towards the can, so very expensive cans are out of my league.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don’t have a lot of experience with it yet, but after a couple hundred rounds through my M4-2000, I’m a fan. If you do go that route, make sure you don’t use a crush washer when installing the muzzle device, as this will cause baffle strikes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Don't use a crush wash with any MD intended to mount cans for that very reason. The Griffin cans are Good to go, IMO. Make sure your M.D. is secure and slap the can periodically to break any carbon welds trying to form.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I will be using Rock-sett and Accu-Washer shims unless the instructions say otherwise.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't know what you're interested in spending, or what the prices are that you've looked at thus far, but in the $550-$650 range there are arguably better options. Specifically you should ask yourself whether or not 16" and 18" barrels are actually deserving of full-size cans, and explore the options of mini-suppressors that would both dampen the sound at the muzzle and not dramatically increase the back pressure (when compared to a full-size can.) Specifically the Silencerco Saker K 556, AAC M4 Mini, and YHM Turbo are all decent cans that aren't brutal on the budget but also won't feel like you're swinging a boat anchor when attached to the gun.

My first 556 can was a SiCo Saker and I really wish at this point that I'd dropped the extra $$$ for a Surefire mini instead.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Surefire minis go on sale for under $800 sometimes. Might be something to consider.
    Locks on, shorter/lighter than full size can, reduced back pressure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve got two thousand through an M4-2000 across a few rifles. Thing is everything I ever wanted and at a price that made me smile. I’ve been cautious with the ratchet as there were issues reported on early releases, but it’s been two years without issue for me so far.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I’m very happy with my Silencerco Specwar and I’d buy a Saker ASR if I was buying another today. After my first range trip I had to send my Specwar back because I screwed up and shot it off the end of the rifle and they repaired it with absolutely no hassle. Their customer service was impeccable and they have my loyalty.

Feedback Score
    I've had a M4 2000 and run it on a 12.5 SBR, my Tavor x95 and an 18 inch SPR build. I've had no complaints, although on the AR's I also install a bootleg adjustable carrier to smooth ejection out a bit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can only speak to my experience with the M4-2000 and 556-SD. While it is older tech the damn things are built like tanks. I'm happy with them... not something you'll regret.
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast