Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTH is going on with West Point Commie - Spenser Rapone

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nevermind, he RFS'd (Released for Standards) from the 75th after 6 mnths. Apparently subordination, endangering teammates, etc.

Makes you wonder instead how he got into USMA... While they recruit enlisted pretty heavily, they normally catch screwups. Makes you wonder if the RFS from 75th is communicated? Otherwise, he looks good on paper, CIB, etc.

He's stuck at 10th Mtn now, and apparently has had some issues regarding political comments (DOD 1344.10) Pretty desparaging comments posted publicly about sessions, Mattis, McCain, etc.

Also turns out his advisor/mentor at USMA, Rasheed Hosein, a professor of Middle East history was put on administrative leave about the same time as the blow up. The two travelled to India together, which is about the time he appears to have become radicalized.

Go figure... We are our own worst enemy!

I guess it shows that Hussain/Hosein syndrome can occur everywhere, whether MAJ, civvy proof, or president.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 03-25-18 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have known guys the same and different in many ways since their first enlistment in Ranger Bn.

I myself am more liberal in some issues and more conservative in others compared to 30something years ago.
    I can see it happening, we are people. Viewpoints change.

My previous boss of several years was a pre 18x "SF Baby" late 70s early 80s. He's now a hardcore Bernie supporter, believes we should have a universal wage as citizens, and no one will be working in 10-15 years. Yet very successful in our industry, go figure.

Know multiple O5s as friends or acquaintances who were also Bernie or Hillary supporters, which I don't get.

Another friend went from a BATF gun crusher after his enlisted time to a LTC rkba supporter. (I still don't let him know what I own, partly out of spite)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

One other recent change, a friend's son just got his option 40 contract and his orders have ABN before RASP, go figure. Don't know if it's a "needs of the army" exception or they changed the enlisted pipeline.
    Back in the day - 91ish - that was what my youngest son's order of training was.

ETA: he lost his med board when his psoriasis kicked up, apparently the waiver from MEPS didn't mean squat. I understood why and was surprised they waived the condition for his contract.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-18-18 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Back in the day - 91ish - that was what my youngest son's order of training was.
    Since 2014 or so when I even became aware of the pipeline, it's generally been ABN only after completing RASP. Partly due to injury impacting RASP success rates. IN officer pipeline still does it that way, ABN only after RS due to injury risk.

There was also apparently a recruiting thing where some denied an ABN contract would take an option 40, then drop during RIP. And end up in the 82nd or similar. (Though I would have thought an opt 40 would be harder to get?)

I'm sure there are others who know more about the reasoning. I only have any awareness based on friends sons and awareness of the officer 75th path based on USMA grad experience. And as always, needs of the army can override any policy it appears.

Feedback Score
    Update: rapone is supposedly getting or has already been discharged under less than honorable conditions.

https://sofrep.com/104349/update-com...ble-discharge/
    Last edited by grnamin; 06-08-18 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Update: rapone is supposedly getting or has already been discharged under less than honorable conditions.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    Karma.
    You gotta love it. So who is going to recruit him to be CNN's next "Military Expert?"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post

https://sofrep.com/104349/update-com...ble-discharge/
    That's all well and good, but the POS's at West Point who let him graduate need to be gone too, I remember there was a LTC instructor who was blowing the whistle on him for a couple of years.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Somebody give me the mailing address of the CID and JAG folks that put together that Other Than Honorable discharge. I want to send them each a nice bottle of Bourbon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    there was a LTC instructor who was blowing the whistle on him for a couple of years.
    Yes there was, LTC who, instead of making on the spot corrections, referring for charges, otherwise bracing Rapone up, instead wrote pissy little letters. FMR, you're a LTC at West Point and you're writing letters about unmilitary conduct and bearing?

If I'm correct, the same LTC then wrote a letter to the alumni association about the piss poor state of discipline at West Point.

So yeah, Rapone needed to be gone because his stated political views didn't mesh with the Oath, but IMHO, guys like the LTC we are talking about were also part of the problem.

Once again, IMO Rapone should have been processed out of West Point well before he got to commissioning had some folks done their jobs.

JM $.02
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-08-18 at 22:17.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yes there was, LTC who, instead of making on the spot corrections, referring for charges, otherwise bracing Rapone up, instead wrote pissy little letters. FMR, you're a LTC at West Point and you're writing letters about unmilitary conduct and bearing?

If I'm correct, the same LTC then wrote a letter to the alumni association about the piss poor state of discipline at West Point.

So yeah, Rapone needed to be gone because his stated political views didn't mesh with the Oath, but IMHO, guys like the LTC we are talking about were also part of the problem.

Once again, IMO Rapone should have been processed out of West Point well before he got to commissioning had some folks done their jobs.

JM $.02
    In fairness to the LTC at West Pont, I read his letter and he did indeed attempt to correct egregious behavior at the Point but was slapped back for the efforts (more than once). In fact it was that treatment of his attempts to enforce discipline that ultimately led to him writing letters......what else ya gonna do at that point?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast