Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTH is going on with West Point Commie - Spenser Rapone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder if any soldiers under him have pissed in his canteen/Camelbak, or some other devious shit that happens to unpopular folks? I would never condone nor encourage such abbhorent behavior, but he cannot be well liked by most folks in the US military. Unless something has gone horribly wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Curious, if Rapone served in 1/75 he should have gone through Ranger School and RASP correct? So why would he be required to go to Ranger School again after getting his commission? Is the course significantly different between enlisted students and commissioned students?
    Remember the pipeline.

Basic, your MOS, jump school, RIP/RASP,
    Get to Ranger Bn- used to be about another 50% loss within the first six months or so,
    Then go to Ranger school.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is the course significantly different between enlisted students and commissioned students?
    RS is NCOs & officers side by side, rankless in mixed squads. They have to learn to cooperate to graduate, both have pieces of the puzzle.

E4 and up based on their site, though apparently they will allow E3s from the 75th. And others with a waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    I wonder if any soldiers under him have pissed in his canteen/Camelbak, or some other devious shit that happens to unpopular folks? I would never condone nor encourage such abbhorent behavior, but he cannot be well liked by most folks in the US military. Unless something has gone horribly wrong.
    It apparently varies depending on the unit and if we are wartime tight on officers. But by reports, most units lately an untabbed LT will not get a Platoon. Will be staff and sent back to RS when they can. LOM drops can't return, so it's a career killer in IN.

According to the guys father, he came back from A'stan a changed man. No kidding...
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 03-25-18 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Curious, if Rapone served in 1/75 he should have gone through Ranger School and RASP correct? So why would he be required to go to Ranger School again after getting his commission? Is the course significantly different between enlisted students and commissioned students?
    Not everybody in the Battalion is tabbed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Remember the pipeline.

Basic, your MOS, jump school, RIP/RASP,
    Get to Ranger Bn- used to be about another 50% loss within the first six months or so,
    Then go to Ranger school.
    OK, I thought Ranger school was a prerequisite for Ranger Regiment assignment. Remember I’m a former Marine, so I’m not up to speed on Army side training progression.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I get the impression that he went into the military in order to get training to fight against it. I can't help but wonder if he's going to get a bunch of like-minded soldiers and officers, recruit a bunch of Antifa types, and actually start an armed insurgency.
    I seem to recall a post here by a member with the words Subject Matter Expert under his handle who stated that he met an officer in the Teams that was an ardent leftists and was vocal about stockpiling privately owned small-arms for the coming revolution.

Not everyone is on "our" side....
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-18-18 at 18:03.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    E4 and up, though they will allow E3s from the 75th.
    For what it’s worth, E3s from any unit can go with a rank waiver.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    For what it’s worth, E3s from any unit can go with a rank waiver.
    Just noticed that in the current RTB commandant's brief. But E5 or higher for other services. The prerequisites I quoted above were from an older brief and were part of the commander validation letter.

With roughly 1/3 of USMA grads hitting RS each year, there is quite a bit of RS info available. It's pretty widely distributed to USMA associate orgs and parents with grads headed that way.

Then again, based on the 2016 stats, looks like there were at least a few E2 grads so maybe waivers are easier to get now. Also interesting that 2016 had some E9 and O5 grads which are both pretty uncommon. I don't have the 2017 detailed stats yet.

Current RTB brief indicates just under 30% in the average class are E3 or E4. Classes are normally about 50/50 officer/enlisted. 75th candidates make up a big chunk of the enlisted component and are the single largest unit source after IBOLC.

My bet is they could send anyone they felt was ready.

Does make you wonder how the guy survived RASP but blew his temper at RS.

One other recent change, a friend's son just got his option 40 contract and his orders have ABN before RASP, go figure. Don't know if it's a "needs of the army" exception or they changed the enlisted pipeline.

Feedback Score
    Frankly, I'm surprised that Mr. Rapone hasn't been involved in some sort of training accident by now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Just noticed that in the current RTB commandant's brief. But E5 or higher for other services. The prerequisites I quoted above were from an older brief and were part of the commander validation letter.

With roughly 1/3 of USMA grads hitting RS each year, there is quite a bit of RS info available. It's pretty widely distributed to USMA associate orgs and parents with grads headed that way.

Then again, based on the 2016 stats, looks like there were at least a few E2 grads so maybe waivers are easier to get now. Also interesting that 2016 had some E9 and O5 grads which are both pretty uncommon. I don't have the 2017 detailed stats yet.

Current RTB brief indicates just under 30% in the average class are E3 or E4. Classes are normally about 50/50 officer/enlisted. 75th candidates make up a big chunk of the enlisted component and are the single largest unit source after IBOLC.

My bet is they could send anyone they felt was ready.

Does make you wonder how the guy survived RASP but blew his temper at RS.

One other recent change, a friend's son just got his option 40 contract and his orders have ABN before RASP, go figure. Don't know if it's a "needs of the army" exception or they changed the enlisted pipeline.

I have known guys the same and different in many ways since their first enlistment in Ranger Bn.

I myself am more liberal in some issues and more conservative in others compared to 30something years ago.

The most right wing guy I was friends with is now a liberal, big city university professor.

One of the biggest slackers (for Ranger Bn) retired as one of the most hardcore regular army infantry colonels.

The strackest most hard charger guy became a slackest of the slack 18As.

Two retired as operator squadron CSMs. Both exactly like they always were.

I suspect something significant changed about him.
    Or maybe he was that age when schizophrenia set in and he just quite is not nuts enough to diagnose.

Some stuff I used to consider intolerable and Inexcusable does not set me off like it used to.
    Some minor stuff that did not bother me like unimportant, unnecessary interruptions pisses me off ten times more than it used to.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast