Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I have my frame cerakoed?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt45648 View Post
    I was really just bored, looking for opinions. Ive never had anything cerakoted. I appologize if you find my post stupid... but you don't have to read it or reply to it...
    Since this is the third time this thread has come up on my "new posts" search and subsequently the third time I've read the title I may as well chime in.

You wanted opinions and you are getting them. The opinions may be kind of dickish, but it's the guys telling you that you shouldn't care so much about the looks of your kit that you need to reach out to strangers for opinions. Nobody cares if your pistol matches your rifle and perhaps maybe you shouldn't too. Or, if you do, keep to yourself or you will get hazed.

BTW I got a kick out your "big dangly ones" reply. That was a good one.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why are you in here reading it
    You know the deal. You’ve been here long enough, and you obviously have some nice kit. This was a “Facebook” post. Add some depth to the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Opinions?
    My opinion: What you do with your money is none of my business.
    Last edited by Frailer; 03-18-18 at 09:41. Reason: Reading comprehension problems

Feedback Score
    Lol, I enjoy the back and forth.. been leo for 12 years, army for 3. I dont get offended that easily. Btw, I don't have facebook. Lol.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My Scar is two tone, black lower, FDE upper. I have an all FDE fnx... thought it might be cool to cerakote the frame black to match the scar look. Opinions?

Leave it factory. Heck, my factory SCAR is three very different shades of FDE. Cerakote it after you wear the factory finish off.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Not to hijack, but does cerakoate stick well to the polymer? Does it adversely effect it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Happy1 View Post
    Not to hijack, but does cerakoate stick well to the polymer? Does it adversely effect it?
    I had my P30LS Cerakoted, seems to have held up better on the frame than on the slide, which is obviously due to the fact that slide gets a lot of wear during the draw, but it's been >10k rounds, and I'd consider myself quite satisfied with the adhesion to the polymer, although this also depends on if the person applying it properly prepped the surface.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Guns need to be color coordinated to be useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12