Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help: How to use a 65MOA Circle Dot Sight.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    The center dot is for a 50 meter zero. The 65 moa circle it to shoot objects up to 50 meters. Once learn to not try to aquire the dot and just place the 65 moa circle on the target you can get faster than you ever thought of for multiple target interaction. Yes you can you it for 200 meters, ranging, holdover and what ever else you can come up with but that is the best application. You can also use a 3x9 hunting scope for CQB if you want. Just because you CAN do something does not mean you should. The entire concept of using a reflex sight for ling range come from the Big Army when they got them. They could not grasp the CQB concept. They had to use it for BRM. If you give someone a hammer the world becomes their nail.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The quadrant tick marks are useful for adjusting your hold if the rifle is canted...

It's best to just learn how to hold. (hairline for brain box, in line with collarbones for sternum within 10m)...
    I'm late to the party, but this is the real shit. Your brain very easily falls into a simplistic "put the reticle on the target and shoot" groove, and it takes serious practice to re-wire your CNS and body to do the right thing (ie hold to achieve lethal hits) when you start to stack up time, accuracy, movement, obscured targets, low light, physical exertion etc. as progressively difficult standards. Your body will just put the dot on what you want to hit, and then your weapon will send the rounds where they go, which is going to be a few inches low of your point of aim. I mean, a center face hold will still get you lower jaw/upper neck hits, which I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of, but that won't turn out the lights and give a dead trigger finger to your bad guy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123