Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Very) basic question about mixing upper and lower brands

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Strange about the Mega lower receiver not functioning with DPMS upper.
    No issues with my conventional, non billet Mega lower working with a Vltor MUIR upper.
    A friend has no issues with his Mega lower linked to a Noveske upper.

Mark

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
    I spoke with someone in the industry, and was looking for a 2nd MEGA monolithic upper and he told me ZEV Technologies purchased and is merging with MEGA. He also said that no MEGA monolithic uppers are not being presently being produced so it may be a while before the MEGA monolithic uppers hit the market again. (A friend ended up buying a DPMS Lo Pro upper after giving up the search for a MEGA. We put together his new complete upper yesterday, and after taking a close look at it, I would definitely hold out for ZEV to ramp up production of the MEGA's. The MEGA (in my view) is hands down a much better upper receiver!

BTW, we took the DPMS upper and installed in on a MEGA lower he had and did not function with it. (The bolt would bind when you pulled the charge handle back and you had to pull the pins on the lower in order to get it to go back into battery). He is now going to be building another complete lower.
    0h this was like 2014, years before the ZEV/MEGA merger wasn't even thought of yet...

Which reminds me, I much prefer the MEGA logo lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12