Thread: Rapid City, SD

Feedback Score

Rapid City, SD

Looking for folks to shoot with. I just moved back after being away 2 years, and I usually go to Smoking Gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    Looking for folks to shoot with. I just moved back after being away 2 years, and I usually go to Smoking Gun
    Waiting to here back about a possible job out there. So, maybe we’ll be neighbors sometime in the future.

Feedback Score
    I live down in Hot Springs. Only 45 minutes away.

Fall River Shooting Sports Complex is open to public for free Wed-Sun, members only Mon-Tue. Pistol range to 50 yards. Rifle ranges with 50, 100, 200, 500 (I think), and 800 yard berms. Overhead cover for most of it, plus a pavilion, and a restroom.

The 500 and 800 are single target area only though. All the rest have multiple firing points with concrete benches in the rifle range.

Target frames provided in utility shed.

Feedback Score
    If you have never been here before, Rapid City is a nice place...good cost of living, similar weather to Ft. Collins Colorado. Good luck with the job.

Thanks for the heads up Coal Dragger...this is my 2nd time in Rapid, lived here 6 years last time and never made it to hot springs. Might have to make that trip

Feedback Score
    You don’t even have to go all the way to Hot Springs. The shooting range is north of town on Hwy 79 about 5 miles from Maverick Jct. A nominal 40 minute drive from Rapid City if you’re on the south end of town.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    If you have never been here before, Rapid City is a nice place...good cost of living, similar weather to Ft. Collins Colorado.
    And Custer State Park, a great place to hike, is just a short drive south. Wind Cave NP is a bit farther south. Badlands NP is OK, but not as nice as CSP, IMO. Plus you have Spearfish Canyon and Devil's Tower NP to the West.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You guys are making me sentimental. Stop it :-P
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    You guys are making me sentimental. Stop it :-P
    Ditto.

Feedback Score
    Well for all my new Rapid City neighbors, if you need you knives professionally sharpened, or you have some titanium needing anodizing, or a folder than needs tuning, some acid stone washing or just stonewashing, or a folder with the pivot tuned...I'm yer huckleberry. Let me know if you need to see some of my work, or if you just want me to tackle one of the above projects for you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've always shot at Beretta Rd when I was out that way, or the range in Wall if I wasn't headed to the hills.