Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A funny thing happened on my way to the forum...

Feedback Score
    I no longer debate these fools.

I ask them if they are willing to kill me and my wife to get our guns, so far they have all said no of course not.

I respond by good then this is easy because I am willing to kill you and your wife to keep my guns. Have a good day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Methinks the leaders of the disarmament movement are talking their cues from commies.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    They are'nt taking their cues from commies, THEY ARE COMMIES!!!
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The difference between libertatians and conservatives vs progressives tends to be:

We believe in facts. And we believe in freedoms even when facts are against it.
    We don’t deny a lot of gangbangers and criminals and accident prone people might be alive if there were no guns. But their deaths don’t negate my rights. Freedom has a price.
    We don’t deny we could knock out 50% of violent crime if, say, every black male from 15 to 35 was sent to an internment camp. But those crimes don’t negate the rights of innocent black males not committing crimes. Freedom has a price.

They believe in how they believe or want things to be. Regardless of rights, facts, reality, etc. and deny them. It is a very childlike operating system. Or literally like some features of a mental illness.

Long, facts, and arguments do little to ameliorate this.

Some have other agendas. They literally want the end of a civilization dominated by European, male, Christian mores, ethics, laws, and standards. Period. You spank your son for hitting a girl for talking smack to him at recess in kindergarten who likely likely grow up to be a law abiding, productive citizen. You and your wife should go to jail for child abuse in their minds. Two lesbians with psychiatric issues transition their kindergarten son to a female who will be lucky to make it out of adolescence before committing suicide or dying of an overdose will be lauded as brave heroes.

Hundreds of little communities sprung up among the counterculture decades ago. Unless supported by a European, Christian male dominated society- they all failed. For some reason converting the supporting society into one of these alternative cultures will work. Just like they expect unassimilated cultures to work instead of being the shithole they were, and will be unless supported by the culture.. umm... that they want to destroy.

And we are racist for calling a shithole a shithole.
    When what we really want, say, is for Hispanics immigrants to come legally, learn English, obey the law, get educated, decide they are down with upward mobility- and keep America great. Sounds pretty non racist to me.
    Instead of wanting a bunch of people to come here illegally, no learn English, break other laws, get treated like helpless children and be a supported underclass in exchange for votes. Which seems pretty racist to me.

You being armed throws a monkey wrench in the unchecked crime, lawlessness, increasing taxes, and burning down the house you live in. Facts and logic will not be a major factor with the left. You may convince your Fudd uncle the 2A ain’t just for huntin’. Or get your BIL to understand he has far more to fear than his CCL neighbor working 90 hours a week at his law firm. Or some co-workers that 1000 rounds is not an arsenal. It’s a couple of practice sessions and a handful of matches. But before long you end up out of reasonable people to convince.
    This.

The Left realizes that avoiding too much provocation and gradually changing societal norms until what's considered centrist 20 years from now is what everyone called batshit crazy 20 years ago, is the sure path to victory. They have everything in place. They've been foundation building since Alinsky and Cloward and Pivon in the 50's/60's. Our team has been grabbing each other's asses in the locker room and trying to reform to 'win the new, more modern (left-leaning) voter' since the 60's.

Our side doesn't have a strong ideological core, it's mainly made up of short-sighted opportunists. The left has a powerful ideological core that has gained enough power to threaten those within who don't stay in the bounds of leftist orthodoxy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just from the standpoint of ethics, I'd say people who are ok with that particular "medical procedure" (abortion) would have very little problem with offing you and me. After that you can justify anything with your feelings.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 03-18-18 at 18:46.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    Is your friend a member of the media at any level? You just described a conversation very similar to ones I've had with various directors, editors, producers, and "journalists" at my job. I find their hypocrisy beyond annoying, especially when they know .gov statistics about guns from actual .gov sources, yet claim those sources are biased when I point out the statistics for causes of death that are higher than ones involving guns. One of these days I may accidentally go full semi-auto NCO on them.
    He is not. He was born mid south, yet lives north east suburbia bordering on small city. Oppressive religion and parental oversight in youth apparently. Worked on farms in summer when younger. Basically blue collar working in construction and building mechanical.

Literally does not care that illegal immigrants send 80% of their tax free income back to their motherland - do not spend it here, drain on public services, and again do not pay tax. He says they’re necessary to do the shit work Americans (him) do not want yo do.

It’s mind blowing.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Instead of battling over stats, maybe you should start with first principles...does he believe that people have a fundamental right to self defense and, if so, what logically follows in regards to the tools of self defense.
    But you don’t need to defend yourself with something that holds a thirty round clip. Other than that nugget I think he believes the government will protect him.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I read all that and can not help but wonder why you are even friends? And why do you want to debate with him? Just for #its & grins?
    Mutual friends of someone else, however I’ve known him for years and only after DJT elected has he gone fully semi automatic.
    Largely I engage in these discussions to a) counter whatever the media or he is misinformed about or b) to literally see what a libtard thinks about a given topic.
    Plus it’s usually entertaining....

Sorry for all the replies it’s a PITA to multi quote on mobile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Arguing with someone who is able to rationalize taking your property, any of your property, is a waste of time.
    So when you can rationalize theft by a .gov agency "for the good of the public" where is the logical end point of that line of thought?
    There simply isn't one available.
    I've grown a bit tired people who make it their business to mind my own good. I avoid confronting them because I question their mental health.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I no longer debate these fools.

I ask them if they are willing to kill me and my wife to get our guns, so far they have all said no of course not.

I respond by good then this is easy because I am willing to kill you and your wife to keep my guns. Have a good day.
    I too, dont/wont argue with them AT ALL. I just tell YOU, YOU PERSONALLY come and get my guns. Knock on my door, and tell me you are going to take them. Dont ask others to do it..YOU COME. Of course, the conversation ends right there.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So if someone is that far down the crazy river, what might they tell the Cops?
    I would imagine "He threatened to shoot me Officer and he has GUNS!"
    Lawyers, bail, maybe CPS, no thanks. I will continue to avoid them.
    This will be the next form of a SWATing, you wait and see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast