Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of my lower?

Feedback Score

Get rid of my lower?

I stripped a rra lower and put the bcm enhanced lower kit in. How is rra lower by itself compared to a bcm? Are they made to the same specs? Talking about the actual lower not the parts inside. Or should I get a bcm complete lower to go with my bcm upper and have as much as possible mil spec. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You didn’t tell us how or if it functions, so it is impossible for us to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You didn’t tell us how or if it functions, so it is impossible for us to know.
    Whoops, it functions fine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If the lower parts went out and in and everything fit fine and without issue, honestly I would overlook the roll mark and run the hell out of it.
    Not all lowers are created equal, but spec is spec. Why worry about it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's really hard to get a bad (out of spec) lower these days, probably more like this decade.

Feedback Score
    I don't see any reason why you would have stripped the original parts out except to change trigger/hammer, grip, extended this or that etc. Lower parts are not all created equal between brands, but I have yet to break any pins or wear out any springs from a multitude of sources. Personally I would have just replaced as needed. I used a Strike Industries kit once, until I saw the mag release thread was metric so I swapped it with Colt one.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLee0509 View Post
    I don't see any reason why you would have stripped the original parts out except to change trigger/hammer, grip, extended this or that etc. Lower parts are not all created equal between brands, but I have yet to break any pins or wear out any springs from a multitude of sources. Personally I would have just replaced as needed. I used a Strike Industries kit once, until I saw the mag release thread was metric so I swapped it with Colt one.
    I have had lowers made with off brand parts kits (DPMS, specifically) have retaining pin springs and bolt catch springs rust causing it to be literally impossible to disassemble the rifle by hand and zero bolt lock back.

It only took one shooting trip on the ocean (T1s really are waterproof FYI) for that to happen, and it was thoroughly rinsed with hot water when I got back too. I only use Colt LPKs now.

Feedback Score
    I have had lowers made with off brand parts kits (DPMS, specifically) have retaining pin springs and bolt catch springs rust causing it to be literally impossible to disassemble the rifle by hand and zero bolt lock back.

It only took one shooting trip on the ocean (T1s really are waterproof FYI) for that to happen, and it was thoroughly rinsed with hot water when I got back too. I only use Colt LPKs now.
    I can believe it, you do get what you pay for, for sure....luckily I haven't experienced this yet.

Feedback Score
    Still Euro.

Gangsta.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 03-18-18 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What Euro says is good advice. There are some other good LPK makers;LMT, BCM. I personally use the BCM and have yet to have issues*.

*Disclaimer: I have not swam in salt water with any of my ARs.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast