Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ-P07 First Real Failure

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

CZ-P07 First Real Failure

As some may know, I've been running a bone stock P-07 as my game gun. I've done zero maintenance other than cleaning every so often. Idea is run it until it breaks.

It won't be a surprise to CZ people but I did break a trigger return spring today. I just manually reset the trigger to finish off the box.

I have a replacement that I bought right after I purchased the pistol when making my magazine and holster order.

Going to keep pushing and see where we go.

The data;

9MM fired at time of failure - 6,289
    22 LR fired prior to failure - 3,440
    Dry fires prior to failure - No idea

The P-07 did put down a good final run about 50 rounds before failure in its factory form.

ETA- Just ditched youtube. Haven't figured out bbcode embed on Freebird yet. Clicky if you want to see.

https://tv.freebird.is/v/23
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 04-11-18 at 03:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Did you get a CGW trs? I have heard that they are more durable then factory.

I am very fortunate in all of my CZ’s (4) I have never broken a trs.

My shadow probably has 10k-15k through it right now but it was from the Custom shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's a good reminder too stock up on CGW RP TRS.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp...return-spring/
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    As some may know, I've been running a bone stock P-07 as my game gun. I've done zero maintenance other than cleaning every so often. Idea is run it until it breaks.

It won't be a surprise to CZ people but I did break a trigger return spring today. I just manually reset the trigger to finish off the box.

I have a replacement that I bought right after I purchased the pistol when making my magazine and holster order.

Going to keep pushing and see where we go.

The data;

9MM fired at time of failure - 6,289
    22 LR fired prior to failure - 3,440
    Dry fires prior to failure - No idea

The P-07 did put down a good final run about 50 rounds before failure in it's factory form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Did you get a CGW trs? I have heard that they are more durable then factory.

I am very fortunate in all of my CZ’s (4) I have never broken a trs.

My shadow probably has 10k-15k through it right now but it was from the Custom shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    That's a good reminder too stock up on CGW RP TRS.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp...return-spring/
    Am I the only one who thinks that it's kind of ridiculous that the TRS is so prone to breaking? Could be at 200 rounds, could be at 15k rounds. But it might break.

Disclosure: I own two hammer fired CZ pistols

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that it's kind of ridiculous that the TRS is so prone to breaking? Could be at 200 rounds, could be at 15k rounds. But it might break.

Disclosure: I own two hammer fired CZ pistols
    It's one of those things that has been going on for so long that it has become expected. Right or wrong, people somewhere along the line just started accepting it.

Most just add a TRS replacement at an interval they are comfortable with. If I was carrying this gun (or actually taking care of it) the TRS would have been replaced along with all other springs by now. But, that would defeat the purpose of my desire to run it in stock form until it breaks.

Service intervals be damned, we're letting it break for science.

Feedback Score
    I know of 1 P07 that was done by Cajun that has 75,000 rounds through it with out a problem and the owner has not had any issues with the Cajun TRS.

Feedback Score
    Yoni , if it`s who I`m thinking of , I took a class from him last Summer and at that time he had over 60,000 rounds through it with zero failures/issues .He also let me " play " with his P07 to compare with my PPQ .... hope to have one from CGW in the next several months ( 9 week lead time ) .

Feedback Score
    I am sure it is who your thinking of. My CGW P07 has become my favorite handgun and I own what I think are a few cool handguns. Custom Hi Powers, HKP7, Cougar .357mag.

But my CGW P07 is at the top of the pile.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I know of 1 P07 that was done by Cajun that has 75,000 rounds through it with out a problem and the owner has not had any issues with the Cajun TRS.
    Dang. Original barrel? Pannone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Dang. Original barrel? Pannone?
    Yes

I tried to answer with yes but was told the answer was too short, so I will add to my response. Have I said the CGW P07 is my favorite pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast