Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ-P07 First Real Failure

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just for peace of mind (not that I was staying up late worrying about TRSs) I replaced both of my P07’s with the CGW springs. My practice/dryfire mule probably has well over 10k. between live and dry-fire, my carry much less, probably about 2k.

I also just switched out the TRS in both my P01 and my PCR with the Cajun version. As an FYI, if you have the HK TRS tool, it makes life much easier for the CZs as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In a 2 year period I broke over 7 and stopped counting. I did a Ton of dry firing obviously. I generally replace all with CGW springs now,

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    In a 2 year period I broke over 7 and stopped counting. I did a Ton of dry firing obviously. I generally replace all with CGW springs now,
    Has it happened to you SINCE you replaced with the CGW spring?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NO. I might have broken another but it was a CZ OEM spring.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the heads up on this one, guys. I'll be bringing a P-07 home today, and I guess a few bucks at CGW is in order.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The one must replace part on the CZ is the TRS. The CGW fix is good. Keep in mind my case is extreme and I had two 03 Guns when CZ had a bad run of springs. Fortunately, we now have CGW.

The other thing is the trigger. The P series is capable with work of being very good. They can come smooth or incredibly gritty. Recently picked up an incredibly smooth p09. Have a p07 that started out with avterrible trigger and is excellent now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    The one must replace part on the CZ is the TRS. The CGW fix is good. Keep in mind my case is extreme and I had two 03 Guns when CZ had a bad run of springs. Fortunately, we now have CGW.

The other thing is the trigger. The P series is capable with work of being very good. They can come smooth or incredibly gritty. Recently picked up an incredibly smooth p09. Have a p07 that started out with avterrible trigger and is excellent now.
    Another piece is the firing pin retaining pin. I’ve never had a broken spring on my 07 but I have broken a firing pin retaining pin. Scary thing was it was on my carry gun and I don’t know how long it was like that and only found out when I went to the range to cycle through my carry ammo because the firing pin was stuck and I got a click and no bang.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Another piece is the firing pin retaining pin. I’ve never had a broken spring on my 07 but I have broken a firing pin retaining pin. Scary thing was it was on my carry gun and I don’t know how long it was like that and only found out when I went to the range to cycle through my carry ammo because the firing pin was stuck and I got a click and no bang.
    Great point.

The factory coil pin does not stand up to dry firing very well at all.

Replacement with a hardened roll pin takes care of it.
    Last edited by Clint; 03-24-18 at 11:51.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very informative thread... I'm somewhat new to shooting CZ pistols but after picking up a Cajunized P07 I've bought a P01 Compact and a Shadow 2. The P01 and Shadow 2 are unmolested so I may think about replacing the parts mentioned here. So far so good but I've just begun to shoot those pistols.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    As some may know, I've been running a bone stock P-07 as my game gun. I've done zero maintenance other than cleaning every so often. Idea is run it until it breaks.

It won't be a surprise to CZ people but I did break a trigger return spring today. I just manually reset the trigger to finish off the box.

I have a replacement that I bought right after I purchased the pistol when making my magazine and holster order.

Going to keep pushing and see where we go.

The data;

9MM fired at time of failure - 6,289
    22 LR fired prior to failure - 3,440
    Dry fires prior to failure - No idea

The P-07 did put down a good final run about 50 rounds before failure in its factory form.

ETA- Just ditched youtube. Haven't figured out bbcode embed on Freebird yet. Clicky if you want to see.

https://tv.freebird.is/v/23
    Great shooting by the way, well done in the video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12