Thread: TRI PRC-148 Spare Batteries and TCI Mast Relocation Kit (and much more)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

TRI PRC-148 Spare Batteries and TCI Mast Relocation Kit (and much more)

//--SOLD--//

For sale is a TRI PRC-148 radio with whip antennas, spare batteries, Tactical Tailor Radio pouch (Coyote Brown) and the TCI Mast Relocation Kit. This is a very solid unit - as a civilian, the closest thing you will get to a mil spec MBITR radio for your kit. The battery life on the radio is ridiculous. It's a solid piece of kit. Yes, it's made in China, but do not be fooled, this is a legit radio. Ample power. Euro reports comms in wooded area of 8+ miles in densely packed woodlands. No radio at Wal-Mart is ever going to give you that. No radio will take a bath in the ocean and still function 100%.

My write up: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

There are a few posts on this radio, by Euro and Outlander Systems, who is our resident Commo Daddy aka Radio Nerd.

OS said:
    Built like a tank.
    10 watts ERP
    True dual-watch/receive
    Cross-band repeat
    Full-compatibility with .mil hardware (Comtacs, Sordins, Thales PTT, etc.)

I ran the radio with my TCI Lioberator II's and it operated perfectly. The radio is waterproof and I believe Euro shot his and it still operated as a receiver. Yes, it is that damn tough.
    I have $660 in this setup EASY not including shipping.

Sold for $435 shipped

Paypal Goods and Services.

Contact me if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer, although I am not yet a HAM operator.

This is what you get:

• TRI PRC-148 radio
    • 2 ea. Thales Batteries
    • 2 ea. Harris whip antennas
    • 1 ea. Tactical Tailor radio pouch, brand new with tag (See in my post above, I think best implementation of a radio pouch.)
    • TCI M.A.S.T. - Antenna relocation kit. Don't have to run the antenna straight off your radio, relocates to run off the back of your PC or chest rig.
    • Charger
    • TCI and PRC manual.

I'd rather not part out pieces - for example, I'm selling a radio, what do I do with a radio pouch. That said, you can make an offer. Worst I can do is say no.

The whole shebang

UHF/VHF

MilSpec 5 pin connector (Works with your Peltors, TCI, Sordins, PTT etc)

You have some serious operational time with 3 batteries. I cannot convey just how long the battery life is on this unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 03-19-18 at 16:49.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams