Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13.6 inch barrel- need long flash hider or brake to bring it past 16"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Can you share a link to the Swiss made hinge? I ordered this adapter:
    http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=PAP-SAAR
    And the tailhook Mod 2. I also ordered an SBA3 brace, it's on backorder. https://www.sb-tactical.com/product-category/brace/

I will give them both a try. I have a KAK shockwave but I like these two adjust like a standard stock. The SBA3 uses a standard Mil Spec RE. It is cheaper too. I have the TailHook on my CZ Scorpion and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Bought it either from JDI or gunfactory.ch. It doesn’t feel improvised or rigged. It is a good design.

Per your request. Two different braces to try.

Last edited by KTR03; 04-21-18 at 15:08. Reason: Incomplete

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

13.6 inch barrel- need long flash hider or brake to bring it past 16"

Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Bought it either from JDI or gunfactory.ch. It doesn’t feel improvised or rigged. It is a good design.

Per your request. Two different braces to try.

Thank You.ooks like it belongs there.

I'm waiting on my M92 PAP AK pistol. I just tried a BCM endplate. It doesn't fit.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-21-18 at 18:04.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thank You.ooks like it belongs there.

I'm waiting on my M92 PAP AK pistol. I just tried a BCM endplate. It doesn't fit.
    You're welcome. Glad you found the pics useful. I have been where you are at. In the last couple of years I have bought a 550 SP2, a 551P, a 553P, a 553RP, and have a 550P & 551 LB on order. If I had to do it all over again, given the ATF judgement on braces, I don't think I would have SBR'd my 553. The braces just work so well that I think they have a place. I travel in my tri state area a lot. Would be nice not to have to deal with an SBR. I could also carry it loaded in the car, as a pistol. That too is handy. Basically, all you are giving up is a little bit of stock comfort (although I think the Tailhook mod 2 might mitigate that), and the look. The look matters to me on the 551 because I think it is about the sexiest evil black rifle there is, but that look is all you are giving up. And if looks are important, I think the brace would look better than some weird long flash suppressor.

Oh and then there is the whole 922r thing.

YMMV.

Best,

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    I guess you would be giving up a fvg as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123