Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 72 year old guy down the street who is the Obi Wan of reloading is a lot more likely to be sitting at my dinner table than my Brother who's owed me six K for a decade.
    I hate to be a cold SOB, but where the rubber meets the road you either have a skill set and a great reputation or you're fodder for the hoard.
    Last edited by Averageman; 03-23-18 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    Lighter skinned folks don't have a monopoly on valuing freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The 72 year old guy down the street who is the Obi Wan of reloading is a lot more likely to be sitting at my dinner table than my Brother who's owed me six K for a decade.
    I hate to be a cold SOB, but where the rubber meets the road you either have a skill set and a great reputation or you're fodder for the hoard.
    Averageman,
    I don't know if you reload or not, if not, it's not too late to start. Having a neighbor down the street who's an experienced reloader, is pure gold, He's one hellva resource to let go to waste, learn what you can from him now, at his age, you never know.. he could be gone next week..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Averageman,
    I don't know if you reload or not, if not, it's not too late to start. Having a neighbor down the street who's an experienced reloader, is pure gold, He's one hellva resource to let go to waste, learn what you can from him now, at his age, you never know.. he could be gone next week..
    I sure do, that guy has been a gold mine of information.
    I've got a pretty nice set up and have loaded 250 rounds this week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I sure do, that guy has been a gold mine of information.
    I've got a pretty nice set up and have loaded 250 rounds this week.
    Good deal! I bought a friend of mines Dillon 650 last year, and the majority of his reloading components, I had gotten a 650 for xmas the year prior, so, now I have two 650's.. I myself have been reloading for over 30yrs, I've had a blast doing it, saved lots of money.. I loaded 400rnds of 9mm this week, and shot about 2/3 of them up yesterday... Another hour on the press, and I'll have them all loaded up..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-23-18 at 20:12.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never underestimate what a geezer with a single stage press, time on his hands, and attitude can produce...

Sort of like the old guy in "The Postman"..."I know stuff..".
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    "Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?"

Why isn't everybody?
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Why isn't everybody?
    Who is to say they aren't?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not to be a smart-@$$, but what even qualifies as a "stockpile"? Are they talking 1 firearm with more than 10 rounds for it? Or how about 6+ rifles with at least a combat load-out for each? To me it seems to be a vague/flexible definition term so they can adjust it to fit any scenario they want and/or anyone with even a single firearm.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Never underestimate what a geezer with a single stage press, time on his hands, and attitude can produce...

Sort of like the old guy in "The Postman"..."I know stuff..".
    I know one "old guy" (he's like 66 or 67) who actually bought a .22LR reloading kit! I was like "Damn Floyd, whatcha gonna do with that?" as I chuckled. He said "Hey, you never know" and gave me a dirty look!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast