Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with low back pain

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Have you tried drinking more water?

Feedback Score
    Yoga therapy has always proved to be helpful in body pain relief. A regular session of 2 to 3 hrs daily can help in fixing your low back pain.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I am a physically fit 23 year old male, who suffers from daily, moderate low back pain. It started about a year ago, at first it was a severe, sharp pain in the low back that made it feel "locked up". Bending over caused the worst pain, and I could hardly move out of that position, sitting was also difficult. In the morning, putting my socks on was nearly impossible.

I was told at physical therapy to stretch my quads, hip flexors, do "nerve glides"- to help with the tightness and low flexibility of my hamstrings- and to strengthen my core. I did all that, and had some improvement. The pain is not as intense, but I still have it daily. The pain is in the center of my lower back, right in line with the top of my glutes. I can't feel it by touching the area, so it doesn't feel like sore muscles. The pain is just there but I can't pinpoint the exact area.

I have very tight hamstrings, so I am not sure if that is cause or symptom. I also have had issues with IT band syndrome.

This has already affected my ability to perform at work. My schedule has been to hectic/ unpredictable to go back to physical therapy.

Any tips?
    What did they find on the MRI that your doctor ordered?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    What did they find on the MRI that your doctor ordered?
    No MRI. I got X-rays, which showed nothing. As of today, my pain is better, but still not gone. I focus a lot on stretching and core strength. I really want to go to a civilian physical therapists. I just have to go approval.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No MRI. I got X-rays, which showed nothing. As of today, my pain is better, but still not gone. I focus a lot on stretching and core strength. I really want to go to a civilian physical therapists. I just have to go approval.
    So...what are they treating, exactly? What's wrong with your back?

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you need an MRI. I had the same symptoms at a similar age and X-rays showed nothing.

As a guy who was barely walking a decade down the line, get the right diagnostics and then get definitive care. Good self care will reduce the pain but you may end up causing slow, irreversible damage.

Feedback Score
    Check out Sarah Key's back block. You'll thank me someday.

https://www.simplebackpain.com/how-t...backblock.html
    Last edited by B52U; 08-07-18 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    So...what are they treating, exactly? What's wrong with your back?
    I have no idea. I was never diagnosed. Just put into some general back class. I’m going to be making another appointment and see what I can do.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    When I had lower back spasms my chiropractor did a few sessions of acupuncture. It was very relaxing, no pain at all and helped my back immensely.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have no idea. I was never diagnosed. Just put into some general back class. I’m going to be making another appointment and see what I can do.
    Yeah, sorry...that was my point. Generally speaking, for any particular human ailment, it's best to have an actual diagnosis before embarking on a treatment plan ("cart-before-horse"...”I don’t know why you’re having abdominal pain Mr. Smith, but let’s take your gallbladder out and see if that helps”). There are many potential causes of low back pain, even in a physically fit 23 year old male. Physical therapists can be valuable members of the healthcare team but they can't provide you with a medical diagnosis, it is outside the scope of their license in most states. You have a one-year history of having refractory axial back pain that is occasionally so severe that putting your socks on is nearly impossible. You've embarked on WAG treatment plans that haven't helped and now have turned to the internet. Maybe you'll get your back problem solved by internet gun forum experts, but I would be more inclined to recommend seeing a non-internet doctor and let him/her have a crack at actually making a diagnosis.

Last edited by Hmac; 08-08-18 at 06:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast