Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tips for Shooting AR left-handed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    You're probably right. The rare Hurricane Katrina scenario probably will never affect me or anyone I know.

I will say, however, that the reason you put back spares, emergency supplies, and whatnot is because you never know when it's going to be your unlucky day.

Another consideration: since my girlfriend shoots right-handed, if she had to use my weapon I don't want a bunch of unfamiliar doodads on it.

Which raises a good point....train to THINK no matter what you encounter.
    Wow, you read that quick, as soon as I saw MegademiC's I deleted mine, LOL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Wow, you read that quick, as soon as I saw MegademiC's I deleted mine, LOL.
    Well, us lefties are not only brighter and more photogenic, but read faster too....
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 03-23-18 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Im a lefty closing in on 30 years shooting ar's.

Ambi charging handle, ambi selector, ambi mag release, on standard lowers I use the Troy ambi mag release. Ive also got 2 KAC rifles that of course come fully ambi.
    I release the mag with left hand trigger finger, insert mag with right hand, if you practice shooting/mag releases and inserts like anything muscle memory will build and it will become second nature.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    ...the reason to keep the rifle bone stock (right-handed) is because in a SHTF situation you won't necessarily end up with a weapon that has all your fancy ambi controls.

Yes, left-handed on a right-handed AR can be an ergonomic challenge, but I prefer to practice with what you're likely to encounter 99% of the time.
    What you are likely to encounter 99% of the time is the firearm you have on you 99% of the time. When trouble strikes, if you don't have a firearm on you, you will be fighting without one. There won't be a stand set up to pass out firearms to the unarmed.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say someone was passing out firearms to the unarmed. What's to say that what they hand you will even be an AR, right handed or one with fancy ambi controls?

I'm not saying you have to equip your ARs with ambi controls, or that you even should. I'm saying getting stuck with a right handed AR in a fight is pretty low on the list of Things Dat Git You Kilt On Da Streetz.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345