Thread: LWRC Gas Block

Feedback Score

LWRC Gas Block

I have an older M6A3 and looking to replace the barrel to a ten inch barrel but need to replace the current gas block for a carbine length and low profile to fit under the rail. Does anyone know if LWRC sells a gas block and piston rod that I need or if there is any other company system that would work with the current LWRC BCG? I have tried reaching out to LWRC but have yet to hear anything from them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you tried looking for shorter aftermarket piston rods? I’m sure they’re out there. Just can’t remember where, as I haven’t taken the plunge into piston system ARs yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1ctesta View Post
    I have an older M6A3 and looking to replace the barrel to a ten inch barrel but need to replace the current gas block for a carbine length and low profile to fit under the rail. Does anyone know if LWRC sells a gas block and piston rod that I need or if there is any other company system that would work with the current LWRC BCG? I have tried reaching out to LWRC but have yet to hear anything from them.
    my experience with LWRC is they don't like you screwing with their stuff. They don't want you to do what you want to do with your own rifle and if you want to change it in any way, their philosophy is just buy a new upper in the configuration you want.

LWRC does not sell their gas blocks. They do have different length op rods that you can get from their online store, so you can purchase a carbine length op rod.

As far as i know, no other piston system works with their BCG. That's one of the drawbacks of going with piston guns.

Since you can't get a gas block from them and you're changing gas lengths, you'll also have to take into consideration that you'll need a new handguard. The only one i know of that works without any modification is the Samson EVO freefloat handguards. Reason being is 1) it uses a standard GI barrel nut, which is essential to the function of LWRC's legacy system because the return spring rests against the barrel nut. 2) it has the clearance needed to fit the piston cup under the handguard without scraping against anything.