Thread: Proprietary parts on go to rifle

Feedback Score

Proprietary parts on go to rifle

So the question is how do you feel about proprietary parts on a go to rifle. Reason I ask is my favorite rifle is my knights armament sr15 with a t1(and most reliable and rifle with least problems). I know it's a good rifle yet there is a few proprietary parts vs say a bcm where it can take pretty much any parts found on pretty much and off the shelf rifle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Parts like the rounded lugs and resizing of the cam pin hole on the E3 bolt make me feel pretty good about the longevity of those proprietary parts but it would be nice if spares were made more readily available. I'm obviously biased though
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There's really something to be said about keeping simple, quality milspec rifles on hand. And a bunch of spare parts to keep everything running smoothly.

That's my preference.

Feedback Score
    I honestly think you are over worrying about this. The SR15 is an extremely durable platform which will last you a long time. If it is a concern, buy a spare bolt and drive on. Remember thousands of soldiers deploy overseas every year many of which are using used and abused M4s and soldiers typically aren't carrying spare parts in combat and yet seem to accomplish their mission just fine with less capable and more abused rifles than your KAC SR15.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Get your SR15 and get a PSA for $300 as a cheap backup XD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Key Interchangeability Supply System.

There is something to be said for having the ability to stock one set of interchangeable parts for most of your stuff.

Feedback Score
    Well thank you gents extra parts and a new rifle is in order.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_gene View Post
    Well thank you gents extra parts and a new rifle is in order.

Just buy an identical rifle. Keep the one you own as a “go to” gun, since its been vetted. Shoot the @$&% out of the new one. You now have enough spare parts.

The SR15 is very durable.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Just buy an identical rifle. Keep the one you own as a “go to” gun, since its been vetted. Shoot the @$&% out of the new one. You now have enough spare parts.

The SR15 is very durable.
    What he said. If you choose to go to a rifle built with "standard" parts, which I wouldn't if I were you, get 2 of those & the spares for same.