Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the Consensus on the BCM BFH "Enhanced Lightweight" (ELW) Barrels

Feedback Score

Question What is the Consensus on the BCM BFH "Enhanced Lightweight" (ELW) Barrels

Hi all,

Just wondering what the conclusions owners of rifles with these barrels have come to. I'm building a couple AR's meant to be of the lightweight variety.

How does the accuracy of these barrels stack up? Does the ELW profile's taper help mitigate POI shift under heat better than other lightweight barrels? How does it stack up against the very similar "gunner" profile barrels from Faxon?

Feedback Score
    I don't have anything bad to say about them. They're certainly more accurate than I am.

Feedback Score
    I shoot 2 of them, an 11.5 and a 14.5, both have been very satisfactory for my uses.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I shoot 2 of them, an 11.5 and a 14.5, both have been very satisfactory for my uses.
    What muzzle device are you using on the 11.5? I put a bcm mod 0 on mine and it’s pretty obnoxious.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Some (including myself) have had sub par accuracy with them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run a 14.5 and 16”. No complaints either.
    No experience with Faxon’s LW barrel.

I like Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile and they have been a good compromise in various lengths.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Some (including myself) have had sub par accuracy with them.

I had one briefly a couple of years ago that shot horribly. Like 7-8 moa with everything but 55gr Sierra Game Kings, which it shot sub-moa. I gave it back to the owner and he sent it to BCM they replaced the barrel.

I own two 16" BFH ELW uppers and they shoot fine. I've gotten 2moa prone on the mag with MK262, SSA trigger and an Aimpoint Micro.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a 16" BFH ELW with the Mod 0 Gunfighter comp. It's plenty accurate (more accurate than me at least), but my dad's DDM4v5LW upper shoots tighter groups with almost every load we've compared. I've gotten my barrel warm (continuous fire on a hot summer day but no mag dumps) and it opens up an inch or so at 100 yds, but my dad only shoots his slowly, so I have no comparison.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have an elw and elwf both 16" middies.

I get 1 to 1.5" at 100 yards with mine. I think it does better then a pencil barrel. The only issue I have is a big poi shift when I throw my suppressor on it, but the shift is consistant.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast