Thread: B&T APC9-SD

Feedback Score

B&T APC9-SD

The local B&T dealer received a just released B&T APC9-SD, and called me to ask if I was interested. At first I dismissed it as I already have a regular APC9 SBR, along with a number of other 9mm SBR's. However, after searching online I found a picture of the SD with the Sico Omega9-SD, on ARFCOM, and was intrigued. Its a B&T product, so obviously it's expensive but, my question is, are SD firearms worth it? Is the ability to make standard ammo subsonic worth the cost of admission? What about the downsides? Cleaning the barrel/ suppressor, handguard heating up, having to always use a suppressor, others?

Really was just curious on what the forum members thought. Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Saw it listed elsewhere, without any specifics. Does this accept the MP5SD cans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Saw it listed elsewhere, without any specifics. Does this accept the MP5SD cans?
    B&T posted on instagram, a while back, that they are the OEM for HK suppressors, so they would make it compatible with HK SD cans. That said, I can't say I know for sure, but Grant can probably chime in and confirm.

Feedback Score
    Surprisingly it appears that the B&T APC9-SD doesn't have much interest/ traction. The one thing keeping me interestes is being able to take off the shelf 115/ 124gr and making it quiet at a short overall length. The downside is the cleaning schedule, potential of the handguard to heat up, and the overall effectiveness of subsonic 115/ 124gr. Bullets. I want the Noveske 10mm, but that too would be a sort of range to, that can never be made quiet. Good dilemmas to have, bit I can't afford both.

Feedback Score
    There was so much excitement, within this forum, I felt I had to rush out to buy one... now to find a sico Omega9-sd and wait the 6 months.