Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why shouldn't I just buy another Omega?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the investment to any mounting device is large depending on your "collection."
    If you are happy with the performance of the Omega on the current sbr then go for another..
    I do agree with themonk on the performance of a Omega compared to a Sig 762Ti. Having both cans the Sig has a deeper tone and blowback is less. Running 300blk you can greatly see the difference between both cans on the same host.
    As for getting a Hybrid to an omega, Unless you want that extra weight and versatility go ahead but I prefer shortened length and a little less weight added to the front of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rajahdat View Post
    the investment to any mounting device is large depending on your "collection."
    If you are happy with the performance of the Omega on the current sbr then go for another..
    I do agree with themonk on the performance of a Omega compared to a Sig 762Ti. Having both cans the Sig has a deeper tone and blowback is less. Running 300blk you can greatly see the difference between both cans on the same host.
    As for getting a Hybrid to an omega, Unless you want that extra weight and versatility go ahead but I prefer shortened length and a little less weight added to the front of the rifle.
    I routinely see on the internet that the sig762ti beats Omega on 300blk. What about on a 308? Are the differences still there or does it start to even out?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    I routinely see on the internet that the sig762ti beats Omega on 300blk. What about on a 308? Are the differences still there or does it start to even out?
    On a bolt action Ruger precision, you will definitely see the performance difference. Tone and FRP are less with the Sig. I can't attest to a semi 308 cause I only run my mr762 with an OSS silencer. The OSS can the tone is somewhat similar to the Omega. Sig, DeadAir, Q have more pleasant tones without ear pro.
    If you want to get technical, its because the cans from Silencerco is made with consumer demand in my experience. They can get cans out faster than the majority of the other manufacturers. With the others listed above they spent time in overall design in their silencer lineup in what they pursued performance wise. Plus the increase in tube/baffle size is what also attributes to the better performance.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    The sig has a far better tone and back pressure on a SCAR 17 and on a 308 700. The omega is a great can because it is a do all. But because it is kind of a jack of all trades it is a master of none. I have a lot of AAC cans and because of that a lot of 51T mounts. I have a custom Omega to Saker adapter that allows me to run SiCo's 51T Saker mount on my Omega. That along with the direct thread option (which can be very short with a flat end cap) makes the can hold value to me. If I was just getting into the NFA game I would probably stick with Q as the CherryBomb break is very nice without a can. Back Pressure and tone are excellent. The Q cans are just the next evolution of the Sig cans.

Q has a podcast (Q and A) you may want to listen to (if you can deal with Kevin) where you can hear him rant about the good and bad of the silencer industry (dude knowes is s**t when it comes to cans). I would at least recommend the one with Pappas (of Dead Air) and the one with Mike Aland (of Noveske).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll admit, I've got a Q Trash Panda in my cart right now and I'd been debating the purchase. I'll go ahead and click buy and start the clock on another year wait.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    This thread convinced me to pull the trigger on a Trash Panda, too. I've been waffling between these 3 for weeks. Now I just need to get my prints...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12