Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire question

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Surefire question

So I have an older m600 scout and a new m600 ultra. My m600u came with a click tail cap. I went to put the pressure switch tail cap off my older m600 and it only screws on like a half a turn and doesn’t engage the o-ring. Did they change the tailcaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Didn't change the tailcap to my knowledge. I've got an M600C and an M600U, and a Vtac L4U, and I've played a bit musical parts without an issue. Could be tolerance stacking, but I wouldn't think there should be an issue. Could try swapping the heads and going that route if need to but everything should swap.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It operates the light just fine and the heads swap no problem I’ll try pulling the batteries and see what happens

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Annnnnnd that didn’t work. It’s really odd. I may call surefire

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd say definitely call,as other threads have lots of comments where folks don't get timely responses to e-mails.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Last time I had to deal with surefire I called them and they sent out the parts that same day. (I broke the mount on my x300u)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I found another thread on the same thing and come to find out they did change it a little

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Notice how your tailcap has a tan color ring where the plug from the remote goes in. That's an old UE tailcap. Newer scout bodies have a different diameter back end on the inside, so the old UE tailcaps won't fit. The newest version of the UE tailcap is all black:

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I saw that in another thread. I called surefire and they are sending me a new version! Now just need another tape switch!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Notice how your tailcap has a tan color ring where the plug from the remote goes in. That's an old UE tailcap. Newer scout bodies have a different diameter back end on the inside, so the old UE tailcaps won't fit. The newest version of the UE tailcap is all black:

Silly question, but are the Arisaka 600 Series bodies compatible with the new UE tailcaps?
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast