Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig MCX Virtus / Rattler

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Yeah, the gen one MCX and MPX's didn't run well suppressed, weren't accurate and had recalls. Knowing SIG as I do, they do a fantastic job of creating product (that wasn't fully tested) and then releasing it. Then, doing a recall and then creating a GEN 2 version. From a dealer standpoint, I have watched them raise prices just about every year and also remove things like sights. They are always finding ways to cheapen their products. Where as companies like BCM and B&T are putting more money into theirs....

C4
    No argument from me there on the first part. Sig managed to take the bullet proof classic line of pistols and make them not work, then work again, back to not and now they might be working again? The P320 seems to be a good pistol now that they won’t shoot you when dropped onto carpet from knee high. And the 556 should have never happened.

My own Gen 1 MCX was sold because I was on my third charging handle after 500 rounds. Despite that there was a lot to really like about the rifle so I decided to give it a go again after playing with the newer rifles which had seemingly fixed all of my complaints. I really do think they have singing here and from reports of people who actually have them, they work well.

Sig did bump pricing but they also upgraded the triggers, added a firing pin safety at an end user’s request, and upgraded a series of parts after feed back and added a cerakote finish. But I guess it is easy to fixate on the removing the iron sights which promptly get swapped out with preferred sights anyway. All the while the rifles remain a 1000 less than the afformentioned B&T. Just trying to look at this objectively.

I don’t own a P320 because they do nothing that a Glock won’t without having to deal with Sig but the MCX is different enough for me to take a look at it. My sentiment toward the rifle has gone from gross, to causiously optimistic after putting 2 thousand rounds through one as a demo. After I actually have had good luck with mine the handful of other MCX Virtus rifles that I have been able to play with it I am growing more optimistic.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 03-30-18 at 04:31.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They shoulda called it the "Cobra Rattler".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So as "cool" as it is, I wonder if for serious work it is up to the task. Or could we achieve better results by stuffing some more exotic ammo in out MP5 or closed bolt mini Uzi?
    After a lot of research, I just put together a 6.75" barrel .300blk (non Virtus) MCX pistol. Here's why: Compared to a full-size MP5 with B&T stock (or equivalent pistol brace), you get a slightly smaller package firing rifle ammunition that fragments and meets FBI minimum penetration out to around 50 yards with 110gr Hornady Vmax. 17.75" with no can and folded brace, 25.5" with brace extended, and just under 30" with SiCo Omega with flat endcap attached in quick attach format.

It's kind of like a KAC PDW with accessible and reloadable ammunition.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is, "my lil friend" wearing its new Leupold 1-5x LPV in a Geiselle high mount. The 9".300 barrel adds a little more oomph and FPS, rail space and just a little bit of weight. This will be my wild hog and CQB evildoer killer, as "W" would say. Get hit with any of them Barnes or Hornady 110 gr HP's and its splat city baby. I have a Omega 300 can and some pretty badass 194gr subs for it when I don't want to disturb the peace in cornfield county. I am gonna lose that fat ass looking brace as soon as SB Tactical comes out with their new brace in April. I am hoping in the not to distant future, that once SOCOM gets done playing with their Rattlers, they will confirm what some of us already think about the current MCX Virtus platform, for mainly heavy suppressed SBR and PDW CQB type use.

Last edited by Biggy; 04-02-18 at 19:29.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I keep watching these rifles from afar. I've always considered the SAN SG55x series of rifles to be a kind of ideal in terms of overall platform size, etc. A largely ambidextrous rifle with AR15 ergonomics but without a buffer tube in order to have a folding stock, accommodates 10-16" of barrel, fires the 5.56 and now the .300 BO, and has a decently designed modular rail... That hit's pretty much all of the major buttons for me.

Even so, the Public Beta quality of the whole project, and the price tag, have me remaining in the cheap seats.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I too have been watching quietly. On paper, they do check all my boxes, but I have seen so many changes already that I am still not ready to jump in.

So for now, I will just keep buying ammo.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I too have been watching quietly. On paper, they do check all my boxes, but I have seen so many changes already that I am still not ready to jump in.

So for now, I will just keep buying ammo.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    The platform, for now at least, appears to be pretty stable. SIG now seems to be focusing, finally, on getting optional parts to market.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    One nice thing is that the new Virtus stuff is all backward compatible with the legacy MCXs- *all except the handguards. Good way to keep up innovation without leaving legacy owners out in the cold.

*The Virtus handguards can be adapted, but each one would need to have the picatinny rail cut back and then a new woodruff key slot cut.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another review:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...-virtus-rifle/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast