Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
Hey Robert,
How are you liking the MBT trigger? I got one with my UU kit but have yet to use it.

That is a great looking build you have there. Is this replacing the other AP 308 build you did or be serving a different role?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk
Thanks Mike! I love the MBT trigger, especially for the purpose of this 308. I still have my other AP 308, and I consider it one of my precision AR’s. The LMT shoots about .75 MOA, but my AP, can do .41 but usually hovers around .55-.61 ‘MOA. It really is an accurate rifle.
So some boring background. I really like Recce rifles. An AR that can be used in CQC and still reach out several hundred yards to engage threats, is very useful in my opinion. But if I could change or improve one thing it would be the caliber - instead of 5.56, a heavier hitting caliber with even more range, and at that distant range still wield a wallop. (And follow my Rule of Commonality.) A 308 in a 16” rifle gas would fit that bill perfectly I thought. So when JW saw the LMT on the E&E he messaged me and the rest is history.
Working out the lower was a little stressful, but in spite of reading on multiple forums that it would not work - it did work.

Now for the MBT. I think it’s perfect for this setup. 4.5 LB of total break makes for a good combat trigger, maybe not heavy enough for some, but it works for me.
The reset is short enough that you can pound them down range if needed, yet it breaks so clean I found that it was not any hinderance in the precision shots.
Granted with the current optic, I’m not reaching out to 800m but when I get the 1-8 optic that will change with it and I think the MBT will handle the precision aspect extremely well. I’ve also ran MBT’s in my SPR and also while testing it against an SD-C, I ran it in a 12” SBR. I do believe you will like it. If you are a fan of Geissele, I’m pretty confident you’ll like the MBT.
Thanks again Mike and sorry for the drawn out post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk