Thread: New member (HK, Sig, Glock, CZ content)

Feedback Score

New member (HK, Sig, Glock, CZ content)

I'm a new member and just wanted to say hello! I started my EDC journey with a Glock 19 Gen 4 and went all over the place

HK:

Sig:

Glock:

CZ:

Feedback Score
    Nice collection!

That USP CCompact brings back memories. The very first gun my family ever purchased (really, it was my Dad) was a USPc in 9mm. He did it on my advice when I was 18 or so, even though I knew very little about firearms. The main reason I suggested it was because it was my preferred pistol in Counter-Strike, which I played competitively at the time. He got his permit and carried it quite a bit before downsizing to a Kel-Tec.

Later, before I started my own collection, he loaned it to me for my place in Miami. I’m sure he would have let me keep it, but I gave it back to him before the Air Force shipped me off to California (I didn’t know the laws well enough then to know that the could keep it). Later, while living in Montana, I asked about buying if off him. Turns out, the new wife made him get rid of his burgeoning collection and they were all sold off.

Now that he passed away a few years ago, I feel like that USPc would have been a nice memento of something we shared.

Crap. Now I need to buy one.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 03-30-18 at 06:45.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    I had the 9mm and 45ACP versions, it is a very nice firearm. You should buy one again, thank you for sharing your story.

Feedback Score
    That's quite the journey. What did you settle on?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love your last picture.

Also that's an awesome looking Roland special. I think it's just missing an optic.

Nonetheless, I can certainly relate, I have a whole thread on it. But moved from Glock 26 to below.

Currently carrying:

Love it.

Feedback Score
    I originally started to purchase so much because I wanted to try everything. For striker fired, I had a PPQ M1, Glock 19 Gen 4, VP9, P320c, Glock 17 Gen 4 also a M&P Full Size. I then decided to try out DA/SA and went hard into HK (P30, HK45CT, USPc).

Next up was Sig (P226 TacOps, P320c, P320 X5). I got the Shield, G43 and LCP Custom to try something smaller/pocket carry. With the Sigs, I decided to try out optics and got the RM06 milled onto the P320c and Romeo1/compensator for the P226 (trigger work by Robert Burke). One day, I decided to rent a P07 and G19 Gen 4 at the range and for some reason, instantly noticed my shooting was better with a firearm with a lower bore axis.

I decided on the CZ P07 Urban Grey (like the idea of DA/SA for my AIWB carry position) and picked it up May 2016. I sent it out to Cajun Gun Works later that year and I’ve enjoyed it since, it has become my EDC. I shot and point very natural with it. So much so that I sold every other handgun, I didn’t want them to just sit in my safe. Finally, I realized that it’s better for me to just shoot one or two handguns and become great with them.

The Glock 19 Gen 4 with the compensator is a recent build, I wanted to try out a “Roland Special” again (kind of like my P226 Tacops). However, Glocks just don’t point well for me. I still have it with my P07, now I’m debating to put the slide on a new Timberwolf frame, or move it and do something completely different. Ideas include a P10c/SP-01 build with optic, P320 X5 or Shadow 2 with a milled optic. Any input would be appreciated for a second firearm for range/courses, I do not currently shoot any sports.
    Last edited by wisemenofgotham; 03-30-18 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    I'd just call it a day with the P-07 or the Glock 19. Get a back up gun that is setup identically to your main piece. Then, just buy case after case of training ammo.

But, I'm a bore. Collections are cool. They just aren't my thing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. A friend of mine on the CZ forum has 4 CZ P07 firearms that he sent to Cajun Gun Works, one has iron sights, the other three have milled RMRs on them and compensators. It seemed a little strange at first, but it’s beginning to make some sense.