Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colt LE6920 AR15 versus AK74

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    A guy who has a rifle for a year and a half without firing it is not “into shooting”. If you’re are currently receiving government assistance, you do not need or deserve anymore firearms. You have a pistol and a rifle, you’re good, we’ve bought you enough. Stop wasting our money and bandwidth.
    Your one ''Sweet'' guy pal. I'm just glad I'm not you. Pitiful!!! I've done more for the 2nd Ammendment than you ever dreamed of doing. Your a punk! Go judge yourself. I bet its really bad. I've paid more taxes sweety pie to the government than you ever did. You need Zoloft or something.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    You guys are making some pretty broad assumptions about eachother.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Taking a few steps back. If I understand correctly, Wolf 5.45x39, you have a Colt 6920 that you have owned for over a year but never fired.

Why is this?

Feedback Score
    He said "but I've only put 500 rounds through the Colt. The Colt is only 15 months from when I bought it new". Sounds like he fired it to me, unless I'm missing something.

Wolf.545 x .39, I'd say that you have your bases covered with both rifles. If you think a home invasion is a real possibility, I'd suggest spending that money on a decent monitored alarm system. That way nobody can get the jump on you. I'd follow that with more ammo and time shooting it at the range. Most of all, have fun when you're not in pain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    I played golf with that dude in Malibu few years ago.
    He's cool as ****.
    He did not say anything about owning a -74 however ...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have, and shoot both. They both work well, but for me the Colt 6920/M4 has better ergos, easier mounting of optics, better mag release, etc. I know it has all been said before. I have never had a stoppage with my M4, I have had them with the 74. I know anecdotal, so not very meaningful, but for me the M4 is a working gun, the 74 is a range gun. If my Colt were to go down, the next rifle I'd pick up is one of my Russian SKS's, and a bunch of rounds on stripper clips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guys, dial back the attacks. We are all on the same team. This is one of the scenarios where if you don’t have something nice to say, just don’t say anything at all. As for owning rifles you don’t shoot, I have some rifles for shooting (and they get used), some that are backups that are squirreled away, and some that are pseudo safe queens that are for collecting and occasional shooting. I like having a personal reference collection. Meat hunting vs. trophy hunting.

Let’s not malign the guy for only putting 500 rounds through his 6920 in 15 months. There are myriad reasons why it may not be feasible for many people to shoot frequently.

As to the question re: 6920 vs 74, that is such a personal decision I believe it can only be made by the end user. Personally I’m not an AK guy unless that AK is Swiss (SIG 551/552/553) or Belgian(FNC). The ballistics of 7n6 to me are offset by the fact that it is imported and thus subject to drying upon the future. Couple this with the availability of many high quality barrier blind 5.56 options, the 5.56 is the clear winner. Unless you just want another 74 for collecting and shooting, the Colt 6920 wins. Better ergos, parts availability, optic mounting, sighting options, stock/grip/fore-end options, and ability to perform armorer level maintenance easily at home, among others.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 03-31-18 at 09:04.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    He said "but I've only put 500 rounds through the Colt. The Colt is only 15 months from when I bought it new". Sounds like he fired it to me, unless I'm missing something.

Wolf.545 x .39, I'd say that you have your bases covered with both rifles. If you think a home invasion is a real possibility, I'd suggest spending that money on a decent monitored alarm system. That way nobody can get the jump on you. I'd follow that with more ammo and time shooting it at the range. Most of all, have fun when you're not in pain.
    I'm in trouble physically although I can walk fine. Knee and spine problems so its another reason I'm taking up shooting. Being active helps my pain. But I did put 500 rounds through my Colt. I'm in poverty on disability and have to find a job where I'm sitting. Don't need sympathy. I've been rich and now poor. I'm happier now. But your right I'm easy to get the jump on but I keep my G22 on my bed in a holster. I recently locked the AR15 up. What I do need is a very good safe. An alarm would be great as I just lost my 100 lb 9 year old German Shepard 2 month ago. He was a protection dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Guys, dial back the attacks. We are all on the same team. This is one of the scenarios where if you don’t have something nice to say, just don’t say anything at all. As for owning rifles you don’t shoot, I have some rifles for shooting (and they get used), some that are backups that are squirreled away, and some that are pseudo safe queens that are for collecting and occasional shooting. I like having a personal reference collection. Meat hunting vs. trophy hunting.

Let’s not malign the guy for only putting 500 rounds through his 6920 in 15 months. There are myriad reasons why it may not be feasible for many people to shoot frequently.

As to the question re: 6920 vs 74, that is such a personal decision I believe it can only be made by the end user. Personally I’m not an AK guy unless that AK is Swiss (SIG 551/552/553) or Belgian(FNC). The ballistics of 7n6 to me are offset by the fact that it is imported and thus subject to drying upon the future. Couple this with the availability of many high quality barrier blind 5.56 options, the 5.56 is the clear winner. Unless you just want another 74 for collecting and shooting, the Colt 6920 wins. Better ergos, parts availability, optic mounting, sighting options, stock/grip/fore-end options, and ability to perform armorer level maintenance easily at home, among others.
    Yeah the plus for the AR is the interchangeability of parts. When an AK barrel goes it needs a special machine shop. Maybe the guns get thrown away. I got 400 rounds of TBBC and now looking for practice ammo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234