Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 AR15 versus AK74

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I was going to post that but I don't want to start a A vs B thread. It typically devolves into the. ...one time in band camp ...

Spend the Colt money on ammo before it disappears or gets more expensive. You can only shoot one at a time. Even going Rambo you still can't shoot 3 at once. So ditch the idea of another AR and stock up on mags and ammo.... especially ammo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Oh, it been done to death, the smart money will tell you that if the guns are quality, well maintained, there isn't enough of a difference to matter for 90%+ of those out there, and most can't shoot hte guns to their accuracy potential anyway, and then it devolved into dick measuring. And you believe me, I'm waiting for this thread to be taken out behind the woodshed.

I just find it amusing that someone wants to argue reliability when they haven't shot the ****ing thing.

Anyway, to throw a massive wrench in the works, the top four guns I've seen malf and fail, in no particular order, Glocks, AKs, 1911s, and ARs. Chew on that.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Anyway, to throw a massive wrench in the works, the top four guns I've seen malf and fail, in no particular order, Glocks, AKs, 1911s, and ARs. Chew on that.
    Yea but that doesn't mean shit. Who ****ed with the Glock? What 3rd world country did the AR parts come from? And who took Bubba's advise on building a 1911?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea but that doesn't mean shit. Who ****ed with the Glock? What 3rd world country did the AR parts come from? And who took Bubba's advise on building a 1911?

If you shoot enough you will get malfunctions. I've had bone stock glocks that have done strange shit, had a 19 recently try to kick it's slide down range during a one handed manipulation for example. Not that old, nor that hard abused. Also seen a glock break the frame rails in under 50 rounds. Manufacturing issue, hence why you vet the gun, IE shoot it. I mean, yeah, I've seen loads of home brewed ARs and 1911s got tits up, shody made AKs that weren't worth their scrap value, and glocks that were little better than doggy chew toys that were all piles of shit. But, I've seen plenty enough malfs in a stock glock, in AKs, in ARs, and 1911s. Now, for the ones not home brewed or ****ed with, Mags were probably 50% of the issue, after that the other 40% were lack of PM, ammo, or just wear. The rest operator error. But, the point remains I've seen plenty of malfs from all of them.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You guys are going off topic. The question remains- which is more reliable after a nuclear apocalyptic zombie attack- a never fired Colt chained to a radiator or a never fired Ak74 hidden under the mattress? Or maybe just a third, brand new AK74??
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    If you shoot enough you will get malfunctions. I've had bone stock glocks that have done strange shit, had a 19 recently try to kick it's slide down range during a one handed manipulation for example. Not that old, nor that hard abused. Also seen a glock break the frame rails in under 50 rounds. Manufacturing issue, hence why you vet the gun, IE shoot it. I mean, yeah, I've seen loads of home brewed ARs and 1911s got tits up, shody made AKs that weren't worth their scrap value, and glocks that were little better than doggy chew toys that were all piles of shit. But, I've seen plenty enough malfs in a stock glock, in AKs, in ARs, and 1911s. Now, for the ones not home brewed or ****ed with, Mags were probably 50% of the issue, after that the other 40% were lack of PM, ammo, or just wear. The rest operator error. But, the point remains I've seen plenty of malfs from all of them.
    There's also the fact that those are some of the most popular guns....meaning larger sample size leading to a greater chance of a malfunction

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    You guys are going off topic. The question remains- which is more reliable after a nuclear apocalyptic zombie attack- a never fired Colt chained to a radiator or a never fired Ak74 hidden under the mattress? Or maybe just a third, brand new AK74??
    Well if the zombie prophet Max Brooks is to believed then the M1 Carbine is the gun for the job. If you live in the states though an AR makes more sense across the board.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Obviously the best is the new unchained HiPoint carbine

Feedback Score
    I'll be taking either a 5.56 AK or AUG into a SHTF world.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-30-18 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    I was going to post that but I don't want to start a A vs B thread. It typically devolves into the. ...one time in band camp ...

Spend the Colt money on ammo before it disappears or gets more expensive. You can only shoot one at a time. Even going Rambo you still can't shoot 3 at once. So ditch the idea of another AR and stock up on mags and ammo.... especially ammo.

Thats what I've been doing. I get caught up in that 2 is 1 thing. 2 of everything. Guys that criticize me don't know how I'm into shooting! All my mags are loaded!
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 03-30-18 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Thats what I've been doing. I get caught up in that 2 is 1 thing. 2 of everything. Guys that criticize me don't know how I'm into shooting! All my mags are loaded!
    A guy who has a rifle for a year and a half without firing it is not “into shooting”. If you’re are currently receiving government assistance, you do not need or deserve anymore firearms. You have a pistol and a rifle, you’re good, we’ve bought you enough. Stop wasting our money and bandwidth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast