Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NightForce NX8 and Geissele Super Precision Mounts

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    While my optic isn’t the NX8, it’s a NXS 2.5-10x24, perhaps this still could be of some help.

I just got my Giessele standard height extended 30mm mount in today. Extremely easy for a first time magnified optic installer to set up and level. There was no play at all between the upper and the mount as far as back and forth movement; nice snug fit. Plenty of clearance between the optic, mount and upper-in regards to BUIS and the throw lever. I am running offset KAC micros, so no issue with offsets either.

It’s also a damn good looking mount.

Last edited by Endur; 05-24-18 at 20:18.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Are you currently using offset sights with the NX8? I'm think I'm going to go with fixed offset sights and a Geissele mount but was curious if the throw lever for the NX8 got in the way of your sights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes Sir, I run the Mag Pul Pro offset sights on that particular rifle. I have the Dueck Defense sights on a different rifle with my PA Platinum scope. I have not had any problems with the throw lever getting in the way of anything. The lever just doesn’t rotate over that far.

ETA: Endur: that’s a great looking set up. Very nicely done.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 05-24-18 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    Yes Sir, I run the Mag Pul Pro offset sights on that particular rifle. I have the Dueck Defense sights on a different rifle with my PA Platinum scope. I have not had any problems with the throw lever getting in the way of anything. The lever just doesn’t rotate over that far.

ETA: Endur: that’s a great looking set up. Very nicely done.
    Thanks. If the Dueck Defense rear will fit on my upper I'll probably go that route.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Kahles with the G4B reticle is perfect. Less cluttered than the Razors reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So I would have agreed with you about the kahles before I got one. But they offer the bdc reticle in the kahles now and before they didn't. I actually despise the horse shoe reticle in the sm1 and much prefer the straight mil hash cross hair of the vortex with its brilliant center dot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have an NX8 and a Geissele 1.93” mount coming. I have 1.93” mounts on my Aimpoints and they are much more natural for me to het behind. Hopefully the same is true with the magnified optic.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Can't go wrong there. Awesome scope and a great seat belt to keep it snug. How long do you have to wait on the NF ? I just ordered some for my shop, and it will be a ~while~ before I see them. NX8 is selling well too. I compared both at SHOTSHOW, but have not gotten the ATACR in yet. Could be that the Steiner comes in first. The whole "true 1x" in 1-5x, 1-6x and 1-8x (especially) has really heated-up. Also the very, very long range. I am seeing more people shooting absurdly large bullets out 1 to 2 miles, and the NF 7-35x is picking up steam.
    Well, it didn't take 90 days.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 06-20-18 at 21:25.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

Bob, that is one sick set up, I would give my left one for that rig. Well done.

I bet you could stretch that 8X for quite the distance with no problem. That is one versatile set up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Bob, that is one sick set up, I would give my left one for that rig. Well done.

I bet you could stretch that 8X for quite the distance with no problem. That is one versatile set up.

PB
    Love this set-up, and it's currently my favorite go-to rig to train with. So far I've taken it out to 500, ringing steel plates with relative ease. I'm anxious to get back out and really stretch the limits of it's capability. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

Nice rig. Seems like production on the ATACR is picking up. Glad it was < 90 days.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man, this is a great thread for pics alone. I’m currently running both the ATACR 1-8 as well as the NX8, and I love them BOTH!!! My scopes are both riding in Geiselle mounts. I have sold off and gotten rid of most every other LPV I owned. I have NF Unimount and a Badger Ordinance Mount I’m not using because the Geiselle are SO good. As far as which scope I like better.....hard to say....I see them as different. I know you’re saying “how can 2 FFP 1-8’s be different?” They are. The NX8 excels due to it’s smaller size, weight, footprint is not much bigger than an Aimpoint Comp M4 or an Aimpoint Pro. It weighs 17oz. It’s nuclear bright, I can’t find much I don’t like. The ATACR is basically a Precision Rifle optic shrunk down to a 1-8. I seriously see it as an ATACR 4-16 just smaller. The reticle is crazy good, the illumination is bright, all perfect.
    The difference comes in the fact that it’s quite a bit bigger. I see the ATACR as a DMR scope. Very well suited to a precision 5.56 gun or a DMR on a 7.62 gasser. Whereas the NX8 is a fast paced, run and gun, even an AWESOME 3Gun scope. The glass in the NX8 is VERY usable, great edge to edge, no “fisheye” at the lower end. The ATACR....forget it.....that scope is really there with a S&B Short Dot, a Minox, above a Leupold MK6. It’s a tier 1, top shelf piece of glass.

Which one if I could only have one......hmmmmm.....BOTH. :-)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast