Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NightForce NX8 and Geissele Super Precision Mounts

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

NightForce NX8 and Geissele Super Precision Mounts

Curious to know if anyone is running the new NX8 1-8x w/ a Geissele Super Precision Mount, and if so which one is best suited for the NX8 considering there are quite a few options out there.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would say any of their 1.54 standard mounts. I currently have mine in a 1.93 mount and will be swapping back to a standard 1.54. The small eye box and smaller fov are really negated when you have a good cheekweld. For me, it didn't work as well for heads up shooting as my atacr did. I'm still going to keep it, just moving it to another gun I plan on shooting prone more often.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I would say any of their 1.54 standard mounts. I currently have mine in a 1.93 mount and will be swapping back to a standard 1.54. The small eye box and smaller fov are really negated when you have a good cheekweld. For me, it didn't work as well for heads up shooting as my atacr did. I'm still going to keep it, just moving it to another gun I plan on shooting prone more often.

Thanks. Really just spitballing here. I'm leaning heavily toward the Spuhr QDP-3016 since I've become a huge fan of their mounts, but figured I'd explore the Geissele option as well.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 03-31-18 at 14:41. Reason: grammar police
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Thanks. Really just spitballing here. I'm leaning heavily toward the Spuhr QDP-3016 since I've become a huge fan of their mounts, but figured I'd explore the Geissele option as well.
    Either are good options. Real issue is amount of forward cant you need. Answer : more than you might think. Agree that somewhere around 1.35 to 1.55” feels about right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post

Interesting to hear the negative issues with the eye box and FOV on the optic. I was considering this with the 2.04 Geissele... now I have pause. ATACR or Razor HD Gen 2 might have to be reevaluated.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I've decided to go with the 1-8x ATACR and Spuhr QDP-4016 option. Both have been ordered. Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMASHING MACHINE View Post
    Interesting to hear the negative issues with the eye box and FOV on the optic. I was considering this with the 2.04 Geissele... now I have pause. ATACR or Razor HD Gen 2 might have to be reevaluated.
    Let's take another look. The NX8 is a great scope. But, it is a scope, like many other scopes, vis a vis the eybox and FOV. The ATACR 1-8x is in another league and price point. It is true point and shoot, like an Aimpoint T-2. So is the Steiner 1-6x, and so is the S&B 1-8x when it is released this Fall. These three scopes are true 1x with two eyes wide open, large occular, and you will think you are using at T-2. Then, you get to magnify to 6x or 8x.

You should think about what you are trying to achieve, and the Vortex is not even in the running of the scopes you mentioned. Do you want and need and can afford the red-dot type two eye open combat situation shooting, then the S&B, ATACR or Steiner is where you go. Do you want a great true 1x with 6-8x magnification with cheek weld? Then, you need to cant that sucker forward quite a bit and the NX8 or the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x, Minox 1-6x, Steiner M5Xi 1-5x and even the Burris XTR-II are all candidates.

One guys opinion.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Let's take another look. The NX8 is a great scope. But, it is a scope, like many other scopes, vis a vis the eybox and FOV. The ATACR 1-8x is in another league and price point. It is true point and shoot, like an Aimpoint T-2. So is the Steiner 1-6x, and so is the S&B 1-8x when it is released this Fall. These three scopes are true 1x with two eyes wide open, large occular, and you will think you are using at T-2. Then, you get to magnify to 6x or 8x.

You should think about what you are trying to achieve, and the Vortex is not even in the running of the scopes you mentioned. Do you want and need and can afford the red-dot type two eye open combat situation shooting, then the S&B, ATACR or Steiner is where you go. Do you want a great true 1x with 6-8x magnification with cheek weld? Then, you need to cant that sucker forward quite a bit and the NX8 or the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x, Minox 1-6x, Steiner M5Xi 1-5x and even the Burris XTR-II are all candidates.

One guys opinion.
    If the S&B 1-8x ShortDot Dual CC was readily available I would've taken a real hard look at that one as well, based on your recommendation on the Hide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I've decided to go with the 1-8x ATACR and Spuhr QDP-4016 option. Both have been ordered. Thanks for the feedback.
    Can't go wrong there. Awesome scope and a great seat belt to keep it snug. How long do you have to wait on the NF ? I just ordered some for my shop, and it will be a ~while~ before I see them. NX8 is selling well too. I compared both at SHOTSHOW, but have not gotten the ATACR in yet. Could be that the Steiner comes in first. The whole "true 1x" in 1-5x, 1-6x and 1-8x (especially) has really heated-up. Also the very, very long range. I am seeing more people shooting absurdly large bullets out 1 to 2 miles, and the NF 7-35x is picking up steam.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Can't go wrong there. Awesome scope and a great seat belt to keep it snug. How long do you have to wait on the NF ? I just ordered some for my shop, and it will be a ~while~ before I see them. NX8 is selling well too. I compared both at SHOTSHOW, but have not gotten the ATACR in yet. Could be that the Steiner comes in first. The whole "true 1x" in 1-5x, 1-6x and 1-8x (especially) has really heated-up. Also the very, very long range. I am seeing more people shooting absurdly large bullets out 1 to 2 miles, and the NF 7-35x is picking up steam.
    I was quoted a not-later-than 90 day lead time direct from NF. So I plan on waiting for 3 months, but will keep my fingers crossed that it gets delivered ahead of schedule.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast