Thread: Glock 19 w/comp spring question

Feedback Score

Glock 19 w/comp spring question

I ended up going as light as 11 lbs recoil spring to get reliability with factory ball ammo for my G19 w/comp/. With SD ammo it worked perfect with stock weight recoil springs. Has anyone had any issues with using SD ammo with a recoil spring this light? I've got my competition guns tuned to run pretty light loads but they aren't in a life saving role.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I ended up going as light as 11 lbs recoil spring to get reliability with factory ball ammo for my G19 w/comp/. With SD ammo it worked perfect with stock weight recoil springs. Has anyone had any issues with using SD ammo with a recoil spring this light? I've got my competition guns tuned to run pretty light loads but they aren't in a life saving role.
    I have shot two G19s with comps and factory blazer/federal 115gr - no issues
    one KKM comp, the other a TBRCI

What comp are you using that requires a lighter recoil spring for factory FMJ ammo and what ammo are you using/tried?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also curious on your setup. I can run UMC, Blazer Brass, and federal white box stuff all without issue on my Roland Special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run a 13# spring and stainless steel guide rod in my Roland Special and it eats pretty much anything I feed it. I also give it a heavy dose of 147gr with no issues as well.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Suarze comp and threaded barrel. It locks up with the slide a little tighter than my KKM barrel and glock factory slide.

Feedback Score
    My KKM combo runs most loads with the stock RSA. I find less muzzle flip with a lighter spring, so I run it with a 15lb. Going to try 13lb if I can get the bloody screw loose on the guide rod.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by h00n View Post
    My KKM combo runs most loads with the stock RSA. I find less muzzle flip with a lighter spring, so I run it with a 15lb. Going to try 13lb if I can get the bloody screw loose on the guide rod.
    I noticed my kkm g19 with stock sights has POI just above the front sight dot
    Does that match your results?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I noticed my kkm g19 with stock sights has POI just above the front sight dot
    Does that match your results?
    Pretty close. I mostly did some function testing, speed, and retention shooting. On a plate rack, I did have to hold a little low with 147 and about dead on with 115. I sent it out to Jagerwerks for a bit of RMR, when I get it back I'll test POI with multiple weights.

Feedback Score
    *UPDATE*

Changed to a 13lb spring, muzzle flip was hilariously low, but after about 300 rounds, FTRTB was endemic. Swapped to the stock RSA and malfunctions ceased all together. I got lucky, my Roland works very well with a stock RSA and WWB (the cheapest brass I can muster).

POI with 147 is higher than with 115 by a noticable amount. I may consider running a 115gr carry ammo after my findings.