Thread: Need MP5K help...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Need MP5K help...

I have a HK MP5K sear gun converted from a SP89 by RDTS. Currently it has the polymer navy housing (Non ambi, older style marked "S" "E" & "F"), I want to put the ambi polymer navy housing w/ pictograms on there and was wondering about the trigger pack/guts/internals. Do I need to buy a new trigger pack or will my preexisting trigger pack fit inside the pictogram housing? My understanding is that it will fit but I would need to get the longer axle selector and ambi switches. And that if I wanted to get a burst housing I would need a burst pack, is this correct? Thanks!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    I have a HK MP5K sear gun converted from a SP89 by RDTS. Currently it has the polymer navy housing (Non ambi, older style marked "S" "E" & "F"), I want to put the ambi polymer navy housing w/ pictograms on there and was wondering about the trigger pack/guts/internals. Do I need to buy a new trigger pack or will my preexisting trigger pack fit inside the pictogram housing? My understanding is that it will fit but I would need to get the longer axle selector and ambi switches. And that if I wanted to get a burst housing I would need a burst pack, is this correct? Thanks!
    The ambi-type lower uses a different trigger frame, plastic lower, and selector. I recommend you get in touch with Gordon Miller or Phil Flack, as they can sell you an ambi type lower and set your sear up in it properly.

email me off the boards if you need Gordon or Phil's contact info. jsurowitz [at] aol [dot] com.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ah crap, I ordered just the housing and selector from Adam @ HKparts...
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army