Thread: DeGroat MK99 MOD 0 Suppressor, opinions?

Feedback Score

DeGroat MK99 MOD 0 Suppressor, opinions?

I'm looking to get a 9mm can for my P228 &229. I've been in contact w/James about the NANO, and he seems to bending over backwards to get me one at the introductory price. But the more I think about it, his MK99 MOD O will suite my needs better. Any body here use one or have any of James other products to comment on? Or even other/better suggestions staying in the sub$700- range.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Never heard of it. You can't go wrong with a Gemtech: http://www.gem-tech.com/TUNDRA.htm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the MK99 Mod 0 and love it. Very well built and the sound suppression is great...you cannot go wrong with that can. I use it on my Glock 19. I just got a left-hand threaded piston so I can use it on my SIG P226. I am currently waiting for the ATF to approve my form for the MK9 Mod 0 to use on my beretta. I do want the NANO but will have to wait until my birthday this summer. I will try to update this thread Sunday or Monday with some pics.
    Last edited by the_accuser; 12-25-09 at 09:59.

Feedback Score
    My dad gave me enough money that I can put a deposit on the NANO before the deadline for ST disc., so I PM'd James to get the ball rolling. I'll get a MK99 later, I figure if nothing else the NANO will make a great .22 can. I wonder if James could make me a nice wiped can for my Yugo M92??? I think short and fat with wipes would be awesome. The NANO is so cool I just couldn't resist! Thanks Pa! I figured since I couldn't make the intro price with Anniversary, Wife's Bday, Christmas spending gauntlet. I'd just spend a couple hundred more and get a MK99 Mod 0.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If this is your first suppressor (which is sounds like it is) you do not need anything other than a full size suppressor, especially on the size of the pistols you are putting it on.

The NANO and others "micro" cans look cool but will sound louder and may induce a functioning issue as these do not have a decoupler.

And don't use 1/2x28 treads, use M13.5x1 as these are the industry standard for 9mm.
    Last edited by scottryan; 12-25-09 at 19:06.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Not my first suppressor, I've got an AAC 7.62SD on my FAL. This is my first pistol can though. Yea, I'm using SIG factory barrels, so it will be 13.5 LH thread. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    Not my first suppressor, I've got an AAC 7.62SD on my FAL. This is my first pistol can though. Yea, I'm using SIG factory barrels, so it will be 13.5 LH thread. Thanks for the input.

If this is your first pistol can then you need a full size can.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm